Author Topic: University of North Carolina: Three gunned down by 'active shooter'  (Read 1676 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
University of North Carolina: Three gunned down by 'active shooter'

Students at UNCC were warned to 'run, hide fight' after reports of a gunman on the campus.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/breaking-three-shot-active-shooter-14976597.amp

Sounds like a real situation there, another report said six ambulances took people to the hospital.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: University of North Carolina: Three gunned down by 'active shooter'
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 10:29:35 pm »
More from Reuters. I couldn’t find any other sources yet. Story must be breaking.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-north-carolina-shooting-idUSKCN1S62SE
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 10:47:35 pm »
The Mirror story inOP says shooter in custody.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 10:52:42 pm »

Thanks @TomSea

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 10:53:17 pm »
Horrible. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 11:57:35 pm »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Guns are not allowed on UNCC campus
Countdown to Resignation

Offline dfwgator

Guns are not allowed on UNCC campus

Well then the shooter is in a lot of trouble now.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
White male blamed again. What a surprise.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

White male blamed again. What a surprise.

@jmyrlefuller

Actually, the mirror has been updating that link since it came out... I see

NEW: Sources tell @wsoctv this is the suspect- Trystan Terrell #UNCC pic.twitter.com/SnLxXUoYpk
That is the accused. Everyone can judge for themselves.  Blurry picture.

I see the mirror has a link to a story of some "white guy" over there in England/the UK that was planning on causing mayhem. I read the story, he was sented.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-white-supremacist-21-who-14971670

But that is a different story apparently.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 01:55:24 am by TomSea »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2019, 11:07:15 am »
They are saying he’s a former student

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2019, 12:49:17 pm »

The 22-year-old Charlotte man accused of shooting six people Tuesday at UNC Charlotte is facing two counts of murder, according to Mecklenburg County records.

Trystan Andrew Terrell was arrested on the campus by Charlotte-Mecklenburg police Tuesday after six people were shot on the north Charlotte campus, creating widespread panic among students and faculty. He is scheduled to have a first appearance in Mecklenburg County Court Thursday afternoon, according to jail records.

Two of the victims died, and the others remain hospitalized. Three of the four are in critical condition, UNCC police said in a Tuesday press conference.   ...
Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article229889929.html#storylink=cpy
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2019, 12:54:35 pm »
Post last night by AP
11:15 p.m.

Police have identified the suspect in a fatal campus shooting as a 22-year-old man.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police issued a statement late Tuesday identifying the suspect as Trystan Andrew Terrell. They say he’s in custody with charges pending.

Authorities have said he used a pistol to open fire on students in a classroom building at UNC-Charlotte, killing two and wounding four.

His grandfather, Paul Rold of Arlington, Texas, says Terrell had moved to Charlotte two years ago with his father.

Rold told The Associated Press that the actions don’t sound like his grandson. He said: “This is not in his DNA.”
https://www.apnews.com/272be7e15d434847afb41b880190cb2e

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2019, 01:02:03 pm »
I saw him being lead away from the scene on teebee. Skinny white boy with arms like a girl that seemed to be wearing a poodle on his head. He was smiling just like he had made some some sort of great accomplishment by being arrested.

Quick diagnosis,mentally defective loser seeking his 15 minutes of fame.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2019, 01:22:37 pm »
8Chan is busy these days
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Applewood

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2019, 01:51:17 pm »
I saw him being lead away from the scene on teebee. Skinny white boy with arms like a girl that seemed to be wearing a poodle on his head. He was smiling just like he had made some some sort of great accomplishment by being arrested.

I'd say your diagnosis is accurate or at least close to it.  From the photo, he also looks like he's on some controlled substance too. 

Seems many of these shooters are failures and have been for possibly their entire lives.  They are looking for attention at least, or even better, adulation, which they will get from other losers like themselves.

I love how family members and friends say the perp "would never do something like this."  I'm reasonably sure in most cases there are warning signs.  These people either weren't very observant or they just ignored the red flags.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2019, 02:34:02 pm »

I'm willing to bet the farm that this loser was heavily into a variety of drugs.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2019, 02:42:31 pm »

Look at me, I'm famous!

More at Daily Mail, if you can put up with all the ads.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2019, 04:12:46 pm »

Look at me, I'm famous!

More at Daily Mail, if you can put up with all the ads.
I just can't understand why they didn't just shoot the guy while they had the chance.  This would certainly save thousands of dollars and years of pain and agony for the families.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2019, 09:06:33 pm »

I love how family members and friends say the perp "would never do something like this."  I'm reasonably sure in most cases there are warning signs.  These people either weren't very observant or they just ignored the red flags.

@Applewood

I can't say that I blame them,or that I would even be less blind than them. Admitting to yourself that your brother or child is capable of the committing mass murders of innocent people who were not a threat to him would not be an easy thing to do unless you have caught him doing something like setting fire to puppies or kittens. Or in one case I know of because I witnessed it myself,a cousin's 12-13 year old son torturing his own puppy to get the dog to nip at him so he could run screaming to his father and get the dog beaten. I just happened to be looking his way when he did it,and saw the look in his eyes when his father came "running to the rescue". I flat out told his father the boy had been pinching the puppy's nuts while holding him so he couldn't get away,and the father wouldn't believe me. I told him to never bring that boy to my house,and left.

I am 100 percent certain the father believed me because he has known me his whole life,and he knows I don't tell lies to hurt people. He just couldn't bring himself to admit that his perfect child was less than perfect.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2019, 09:08:15 pm »
I'm willing to bet the farm that this loser was heavily into a variety of drugs.

@goatprairie

Don't do it unless you are heavily mortgaged.

On the other hand,I would be willing to bet he NEEDED to be on a variety of drugs.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2019, 09:13:16 pm »
I just can't understand why they didn't just shoot the guy while they had the chance.  This would certainly save thousands of dollars and years of pain and agony for the families.

@mrpotatohead

The police aren't already shooting to death enough citizens to suit you? You actually want your steroid-freak city cop to be judge,jury,and executioner?

BTW,in the spirit of truth,the reason I didn't accept a job as a policeman when I got out of the army was after about 30 seconds of thought,I realized I wasn't moral enough. First time I arrested a child rapist/murder/torturer,it would be almost certain he would arrive at the police station or the rescue squad with several bullets in places like his shoulders,knees,and elbows as I "tried to wound him to slow down his attack on me. HONEST!"

If you can't do the job like it is supposed to be done,you have no business taking it because you are actually worse than the people you are arresting.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 09:14:40 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2019, 10:58:56 pm »
@Applewood

I can't say that I blame them,or that I would even be less blind than them. Admitting to yourself that your brother or child is capable of the committing mass murders of innocent people who were not a threat to him would not be an easy thing to do unless you have caught him doing something like setting fire to puppies or kittens. Or in one case I know of because I witnessed it myself,a cousin's 12-13 year old son torturing his own puppy to get the dog to nip at him so he could run screaming to his father and get the dog beaten. I just happened to be looking his way when he did it,and saw the look in his eyes when his father came "running to the rescue". I flat out told his father the boy had been pinching the puppy's nuts while holding him so he couldn't get away,and the father wouldn't believe me. I told him to never bring that boy to my house,and left.

I am 100 percent certain the father believed me because he has known me his whole life,and he knows I don't tell lies to hurt people. He just couldn't bring himself to admit that his perfect child was less than perfect.

So how old is this kid in your story now?  And is he in jail yet?  Torturing a puppy nearly always leads the perpetrator to commit more serious, violent crimes against people.  The father, if he did know you were telling the truth, did his son no favors by closing his eyes to his son's animal abuse.  But since the old man was willing to beat the puppy too, I'd say, like father, like son.  Tragic.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2019, 11:23:29 pm »
So how old is this kid in your story now?  And is he in jail yet?  Torturing a puppy nearly always leads the perpetrator to commit more serious, violent crimes against people.  The father, if he did know you were telling the truth, did his son no favors by closing his eyes to his son's animal abuse.  But since the old man was willing to beat the puppy too, I'd say, like father, like son.  Tragic.

@Applewood

The kid was an only child,and the father was kittywhipped. As far as he and his wife were concerned,the kid was the most perfect little boy that has ever been born.

My cousin is dead now. Died maybe 10 years ago,and the "kid" is most likely in his early 30's by now. I don't know where he lives now,but he had to "come home" to scatter his father's ashes. Nobody seemed to know much about him,or was willing to talk about where he lives or what he does for a living. There are probably reasons for that.

I suspect he is still torturing animals when he gets the chance. His eyes were lit up like he was having an orgasm when I spotted what he was doing to his own puppy. If a boy 10-12 years old will do that to his own puppy,what would he do to yours if no one was watching?

I will not be surprised if I ever hear he has been arrested.