Author Topic: DNC Chair Rolls Out A System To Avoid Turning Democratic Debates Into A Chaotic Nightmare  (Read 911 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DNC Chair Rolls Out A System To Avoid Turning Democratic Debates Into A Chaotic Nightmare
7:54 PM 05/24/2019 | Elections
Chris White | Energy Reporter

Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez is creating a lottery system to determine which Democratic candidates stand on stage during the party’s initial two-day debate, The Hill reported Friday.

Perez told The Hill the party has not determined the methodology of the random draw, but he did promise the process would be transparent for all the candidates. The ultimate goal is to avoid the perception that the Democratic Party is intent on giving any one candidate an advantage, he added.

“We wanted to make sure we didn’t have our thumb on the scale,” said Perez, who previously served as an attorney inside the Obama administration.

He is being asked to pull off a Herculean achievement: managing a debate process that involves at least 20 Democratic presidential candidates. It is likely that 20 of the candidates will make the stage for the June 26 and 27 debates in Florida.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/24/democratic-debates-joe-biden/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Have two debates.   Rather than an adult table and a kids table the way the GOP did it, rank 1-20 by poll ratings, then do an odd/even assignment.  That way, each group has a mix of people with higher/lower poll numbers, and both debates matter.

Not that I care personally, but just as a logical solution to a problem.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Throw 'em all on the stage and let them shout it out.   :laugh:

Bill Cipher

Put em all in a giant cage, then toss in a bunch of sharp knives equal to half the number of participants, and let them go to it.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
"We wanted to make sure we didn’t have our thumb on the scale,” said Perez."

Wonder what Bernie thinks about this.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Remember when the Rats laughed at the "GOP Clown Car" in 2016 when they had to split the debates?  Pepperidge Farm remembers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Put em all in a giant cage, then toss in a bunch of sharp knives equal to half the number of participants, and let them go to it.

:pondering:

Hmmm. I think I would prefer a Musical Chairs version with one less knife.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"We wanted to make sure we didn’t have our thumb on the scale,” said Perez."

Wonder what Bernie thinks about this.

Like a battered wife, Bern probably believes them when they say they've "changed."
I will NOT comply.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Anyone planning on watching? It ought to be hilarious. I might tune in at the start, but doubt I'll be able to stomach the whole thing, especially if it appears the clowns were given the questions in advance.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Bill Cipher

:pondering:

Hmmm. I think I would prefer a Musical Chairs version with one less knife.

And every time a debater “expires” his, her, or its knife is removed from the cage. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And every time a debater “expires” his, her, or its knife is removed from the cage.

Exactly.  It's only fair.
I will NOT comply.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Remember when the Rats laughed at the "GOP Clown Car" in 2016 when they had to split the debates?  Pepperidge Farm remembers.
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What was that 70's game show where they put the stars in cubes and the host asked them questions and the contestants had to decided if their answer was correct?   Well, that is how the rat debated needs to be done.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What was that 70's game show where they put the stars in cubes and the host asked them questions and the contestants had to decided if their answer was correct?   Well, that is how the rat debated needs to be done.

Do we need Peter Marshall? Paul Lynde kicked the bucket some time ago.
I will NOT comply.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Hollyweird Queers
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline berdie

That is one heck of an idea! It would be entertaining.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"NC Chair Rolls Out A System To Avoid Turning Democratic Debates Into A Chaotic Nightmare..."

So... now they have "a system" ...?

Gonna be chaos anyway!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'd remind, The Rats had a "good" system in '16:  Plow the path for Hillz.  It may have been a miserable failure but it was a "system."
I will NOT comply.