Author Topic: Ancestry.com under fire as update to its database drastically changes the ethnicity of many users ov  (Read 719 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

DailyMail
By JAMES PERO FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 12:44 EDT, 29 April 2019

Ongoing updates to popular genealogy company Ancestry.com have sent some users into a full-blown identity crisis.

Ancestry.com is beginning to roll out changes to its users' ethnic backgrounds which will continue throughout the course of the next month, reported the Sydney Morning Herald.

As a result, some patrons are seeing their prior genetic and ethnic histories undergo an entire transformation, leading users to somewhat jarring realizations.

(more)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6972711/Ancestry-com-fire-update-database-drastically-changes-ethnicity-users.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

What's the big deal? The more data, the more precise the calculations re ethnicity. My own estimate, based on new info, deleted the following:

Scandinavia 9%
Iberian Peninsula 4%
Europe East 3%
Europe South 2%

and left me with
 Great Britain 84%  (Increased by 68%)
Ireland/Scotland/Wales 14% (Decreased by 12%)
Germanic Europe 2%

"Great Britain" and "Germanic Europe" overlap, however, which matches what I know of my family history: Mostly British on my mother's side, very much German on my father's side (including the Alsace region of France, which was Germanic at the time my ancestors lived there).

From what I've found, ancestry.com's DNA results are becoming more accurate.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
I never did trust Ancestry. I had mine tested at that new place I Can't Believe It's Not Brother.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA