Author Topic: Burger King plans to roll out Impossible Whopper across the United States  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Applewood

Burger King plans to roll out Impossible Whopper across the United States

Burger King's test of a vegetarian version of its signature Whopper was such a success, the chain is planning to roll the Impossible Whopper out nationally this year.

On April 1, Burger King started testing the vegetarian burger, using a plant-based patty from Impossible Foods. The test took place in St. Louis and "went exceedingly well," a spokesperson for Restaurant Brands International (QSR), Burger King's parent company, said. The spokesperson added that the sales of the Impossible Whopper are complementary to the regular Whopper.
…
The company plans to expand to more markets "in the very near future" before making the sandwich available nationally by the end of the year. Burger King had about 7,300 US locations at the close of last year.

Excerpt.  Read more at:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/29/business/burger-king-impossible-rollout/index.html

Offline Applewood

FWIW -- I've tried the Impossible Burger offered at another restaurant.  It was actually quite good.  I just hope Burger King doesn't screw it up. 

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Mmm.  Whopper.

Need photo.
(Homer imitation)
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Del Taco, based in Lake Forest, CA just introduced their 'Beyond Taco' made with plant based protien, but I havent tried one yet and not sure if I will, being a carnivore and all.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm holding out for the Soylent Green based non-beef food glop.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I'm holding out for the Soylent Green based non-beef food glop.

Yay! It existed in Futurama
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

Del Taco, based in Lake Forest, CA just introduced their 'Beyond Taco' made with plant based protien, but I havent tried one yet and not sure if I will, being a carnivore and all.

Well, I was a carnivore, but thanks to gout, I've had to give up beef, pork and a whole lot of other things.  Really am not a fan of vegan "burgers" and other "fake meats," but the Impossible Burger is not all bad.  To me it doesn't come close to beef as the company claims, but unlike other meat imitators, it's actually palatable, IMHO.

Found it interesting that, according to the article, Burger King is marketing its Impossible Whopper to beef lovers as an alternative.  I would think its biggest fans would be those who, for whatever reason, had to give up the real Whopper.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Found it interesting that, according to the article, Burger King is marketing its Impossible Whopper to beef lovers as an alternative.  I would think its biggest fans would be those who, for whatever reason, had to give up the real Whopper.

That would be an admission that people find their food harmful.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Well, I was a carnivore, but thanks to gout, I've had to give up beef, pork and a whole lot of other things.  Really am not a fan of vegan "burgers" and other "fake meats," but the Impossible Burger is not all bad.  To me it doesn't come close to beef as the company claims, but unlike other meat imitators, it's actually palatable, IMHO.

Ever try grilling portabello mushroom "burgers"?  With the right seasonings, they are really good.  Load them up with umami and they've got a good beefy flavor, though you have to keep in mind that it's NOT hamburger and has a very different texture.

Ostrich also makes great burgers, but that's probably off the table, too.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
Probably not a big jump for Del Taco & Taco Bell...their taco "meat" is probably 80% "plant based protein" already!   :pondering:

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
Sonic came out with a burger called a Slinger that is mushroom based. I saw new Slinger 99 cents on the sign and didn’t read the fine print. It just looked like a smaller burger.  I took one bite and it was all I could do to keep from spitting it out. If I want vegetables I’ll eat vegetables. If I want something burger flavored I’ll eat a real beef burger.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline thackney

Sonic came out with a burger called a Slinger that is mushroom based. I saw new Slinger 99 cents on the sign and didn’t read the fine print. It just looked like a smaller burger.  I took one bite and it was all I could do to keep from spitting it out. If I want vegetables I’ll eat vegetables. If I want something burger flavored I’ll eat a real beef burger.

The Sonic Slinger is part beef, part mushroom.

https://www.foodbeast.com/news/sonic-slingers-blended-patties/

After seeing the commercial for Sonics new Signature Slingers for the thousandth time, I decided to do everyone a favor and give them a try. Believe me; I really did you a favor. It comes in 2 varieties and I tried them both.

Sonic is trying to appeal to the calorie conscious crowd and offer a full flavor, lower calorie burger. From the looks of things, the decided the best way to cut calories was to make tiny burgers. While they call them Slingers, they are the size of sliders.

The patty is said to be a blend of 100% pure beef, savory mushroom and bold seasonings. To be honest, the flavor wasn’t bad. It did taste like a beef patty, but that’s where all semblances of beef stopped.

It was as dry as the pink eraser on a #2 pencil about the same texture. They might be onto something if they are trying to make jerky for the denture crowd.

https://reservoir-geeks.com/weblog/2018/3/24/nnvzm7frf3vrzhkqsmra2nhahmxlkk
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
USDA Grade A BEFF - Processed synthetic meat-like food substance.

Clip from Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyleI2p-JMY
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

Ever try grilling portabello mushroom "burgers"?  With the right seasonings, they are really good.  Load them up with umami and they've got a good beefy flavor, though you have to keep in mind that it's NOT hamburger and has a very different texture.

Ostrich also makes great burgers, but that's probably off the table, too.

I have had grilled portabello and it's good as you say.  And I think ostrich would not be allowed on a gout diet.  Only fowl I'm allowed is chicken.  Even turkey is forbidden.  Bummer!

Offline Applewood

USDA Grade A BEFF - Processed synthetic meat-like food substance.

Clip from Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyleI2p-JMY

LOL  Thanks.  I had forgotten about that episode.