Author Topic: Paxton Announces Arrest of RGV Mayor, Wife for Illegal Voting Scheme  (Read 587 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard By Cary Cheshire April 25, 2019

“Voter fraud is an affront to democracy and places the decision-making authority of the Texas electorate in the hands of those who have no right to make those choices.”

In a stunning announcement Thursday morning, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton announced the Election Fraud Unit of his office had arrested the mayor of Edinburg and his wife for allegedly orchestrating an illegal voting scheme.

Mayor Richard Molina and his wife, Dalia, are accused of operating an organized illegal voting scheme in his 2017 mayoral election. Paxton’s Election Fraud Unit found evidence that Molina and his wife enticed numerous voters to change their addresses to locations they didn’t live at—including an apartment complex owned by Molina—for the express purpose of voting for him in the mayoral election.

According to Paxton, over the past year his Election Fraud Unit has led multiple, widespread, and thorough investigations into allegations and complaints of voter fraud that were formally filed with the Texas Secretary of State. The complaints were forwarded to the attorney general’s office where Paxton’s unit began the investigation. The Hidalgo County District Attorney’s Office has cooperated and assisted the Election Fraud Unit in those investigations.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/paxton-announces-arrest-of-rgv-mayor-wife-for-illegal-voting-scheme/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Paxton Announces Arrest of RGV Mayor, Wife for Illegal Voting Scheme
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 01:30:15 am »
Excellent!   Get them all!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 05:48:49 am »
Life in the RGV.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 01:48:43 pm »
City elections can be held by the city or they an contract with the county to hold them.  Looks like this city held their own which allowed the Mayor and his wife to "cheat".   For them to do this, shows their inner character is black.  They will cheat or steal, matters not to them.

Texas will hold people responsible for election fraud.  I have posted before that when Gov. Greg Abbott was our Attorney General (he is Governor now), he went after a woman who violated election law.  I thought he should have treated her kindly rather than taking her to court like a criminal.  She did not know she had violated the law.  This woman was taking care of her Mom and she had written in for a absentee ballot.  The ballot came but the mother died before she could fill it out.  Her child, this woman who cared for her, knew how her mother was going to vote so she filled in the ballot and sent it in. 

I have said before, just because a person fills out an absentee ballot or a provisional ballot, does not mean it will be counted.  In the checking process by the Early Voting Ballot Board, they found the woman had died before the date of the ballot, so they rejected the ballot.  Abbott went after this woman, took her to court and she paid a fine and I don't remember what else he charged her with.  I need to look that up.  It was on my old computer, maybe it got on my new one. I do remember it was in south Texas.  I thought the woman was carrying out her mother's wishes, didn't know election law, and did it for her mother; but the law is the law.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 07:18:37 pm »
I've heard of dead people voting for years and years. If you make an exception for one, you're setting a precedent that it's alright for the dead to vote. All people that submit votes for the dead should be arrested.