Poll

Did the US pay $2M for the release of Otto Warmbier?

Yes
4 (44.4%)
No
2 (22.2%)
Jury's still out
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: May 08, 2019, 10:47:16 pm

Author Topic: Did the US pay $2M for Otto Warmbier release?  (Read 1471 times)

Offline corbe

Did the US pay $2M for Otto Warmbier release?
« on: April 28, 2019, 10:47:16 pm »
U.S. Agreed to Pay North Korea for Warmbier But Didn’t, Bolton Says

Christopher Flavelle and Ben Brody

52 mins ago

American student Otto Warmbier, center, arrives at the People's Cultural House, as Warmbier is presented to reporters Monday, Feb. 29, 2016, in Pyongyang, North Korea.© Kim Kwang Hyon/ AP Photo

(Bloomberg) -- The U.S. signed a document pledging to pay North Korea $2 million for the medical care of American student Otto Warmbier in return for his release but didn’t follow through, National Security Adviser John Bolton said Sunday.

“That’s what I am told,” Bolton told correspondent Chris Wallace on “Fox News Sunday” when asked whether the U.S. had signed the agreement, which would have occurred before Bolton joined the Trump administration in 2018. “No money was paid. That is clear.”

Warmbier, a University of Virginia student who was arrested for pulling down a sign in Pyongyang in January 2016, was sentenced to 15 years in prison. North Korea released Warmbier to the U.S. in 2017, at which point he was in a coma. He died days later.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-agreed-to-pay-north-korea-for-warmbier-but-didnt-bolton-says/ar-BBWnh8v?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Re: Did the US pay $2M for Otto Warmbier release?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 10:50:25 pm »
Not sure that we will ever know for sure (unless you are a hairdresser).

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 10:51:07 pm »
   I'd love to think NO, but this Administration doesn't even think twice about lying to me, as all the others have in the past.

Don't Think Twice It's All Right - Bob Dylan

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 10:59:44 pm »
Only because John Bolton said we didn't, I suppose, I believe that. So, No.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/john-bolton-north-korea-otto-warmbier-medical-bills.amp

« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 11:01:05 pm by TomSea »