Author Topic: Navy Recruit Is Second Woman To Die At Illinois Boot Camp In 2 Months  (Read 251 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
CBS News April 27th 2019

An 18-year-old Navy recruit from Alabama has died during boot camp in Illinois. Spokesman Lt. Joseph W. Pfaff says Kelsey Nobles, of Mobile, died Tuesday after collapsing during training at the Navy Recruit Training Center in Great Lakes, Illinois.

Nobles' father, Harold, told CBS affiliate WKRG-TV that doctors say she went into cardiac arrest. He says she passed out after her physical fitness test. He says she was taken to a civilian hospital where she was pronounced dead.

More: https://www.news9.com/story/40379368/navy-recruit-is-second-woman-to-die-at-illinois-boot-camp-in-2-months

I didn't think that Navy Boot Camp was all that physical, at least it didn't seem that way to me.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Navy Recruit Is Second Woman To Die At Illinois Boot Camp In 2 Months
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 08:17:23 pm »
CBS News April 27th 2019

An 18-year-old Navy recruit from Alabama has died during boot camp in Illinois. Spokesman Lt. Joseph W. Pfaff says Kelsey Nobles, of Mobile, died Tuesday after collapsing during training at the Navy Recruit Training Center in Great Lakes, Illinois.

Nobles' father, Harold, told CBS affiliate WKRG-TV that doctors say she went into cardiac arrest. He says she passed out after her physical fitness test. He says she was taken to a civilian hospital where she was pronounced dead.

More: https://www.news9.com/story/40379368/navy-recruit-is-second-woman-to-die-at-illinois-boot-camp-in-2-months

I didn't think that Navy Boot Camp was all that physical, at least it didn't seem that way to me.

@Elderberry

It's not,but with the push on to get more women in uniform,and the large numbers of recruits they push through the system,they are bound to get a few in every batch that have undiscovered physical problems.

50 years ago everyone would have said "That's really sad.",and then shrugged and added "But it's the cost of doing business." NOBODY is going to say that anymore,and with each year that passes the training,and our military,become less and less effective.

Think I am kidding? Just TRY to find the record of how many blacks have flunked out of US Army Ranger and Special Forces training over the last two decades.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 08:18:51 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!