Author Topic: Guantánamo Bay as Nursing Home: Military Envisions Hospice Care as Terrorism Suspects Age  (Read 513 times)

rangerrebew

Guantánamo Bay as Nursing Home: Military Envisions Hospice Care as Terrorism Suspects Age

With no sign that the prison will close, the Pentagon has begun planning for detainees to grow old and die at Guantánamo Bay.

By Carol Rosenberg

April 27, 2019

This article was produced in partnership with the Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting.

GUANTÁNAMO BAY, Cuba — Nobody has a dementia diagnosis yet, but the first hip and knee replacements are on the horizon. So are wheelchair ramps, sleep apnea breathing masks, grab bars on cell walls and, perhaps, dialysis. Hospice care is on the agenda.

More than 17 years after choosing the American military base in Cuba as “the least worst place” to incarcerate prisoners from the battlefield in Afghanistan, after years of impassioned debates over the rights of the detainees and whether the prison could close, the Pentagon is now planning for terrorism suspects still held in the facility to grow old and die at Guantánamo Bay.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/27/us/politics/guantanamo-bay-aging-terrorism-suspects-medical-care.html

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"... the first hip and knee replacements are on the horizon."

Huh...?

Let these animals SUFFER with their ailments.

Until they... die.

Too bad!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
How about palliative care and that's it?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
How about palliative care and that's it?
Why not, isn't that what the democrats want for American citizens? I would suggest another option that democrats embrace.......................late term abortions.