Author Topic: Multiple people gunned down at California synagogue shooting, man detained for questioning (breaking  (Read 3141 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
California synagogue shooting suspect identified; 1 dead, 3 injured including rabbi, authorities say

A 19-year-old man armed with an assault-type rifle opened fire inside a Southern California synagogue on Saturday as worshipers prepared to celebrate the last day of Passover, killing a woman and injuring three others, authorities said.

An unidentified off-duty border patrol agent who was inside Chabad of Poway synagogue fired at the shooter – identified later as John Earnest – missing him, but striking his getaway vehicle, authorities said.

While in the vehicle, Earnest called 911 to report the shooting, San Diego Police Chief David Nisleit said. When an officer reached the man on a roadway, “the suspect pulled over, jumped out of his car with his hands up and was immediately taken into custody,” he added.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-synagogue-shooting-suspect-identified-1-dead-3-injured-including-rabbi-authorities-say
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Recall the Christchurch shooter was out to have the government in the US make a play to take away guns and start open conflict here. At least that was one of the things he said.

If Neither Muslims nor Jews are safe, who is next in this ploy to get the government to try to ban firearms here?-- because it looks like they want everyone to feel like a victim at this point--which would play into some sort of popular support for government making an anti-gun move, and which might, at least by their logic, achieve the Christchurch shooter's goal.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Mourning the Loss of Chabad Synagogue Congregant Lori Gilbert Kaye
BY Audrey Jacobs | Apr 27, 2019

Today an anti-Semitic hate crime shot and killed my friend Lori Gilbert Kaye while she was praying in synagogue. Lori you were a jewel of our community a true Eshet Chayil, a Woman of Valor. You were always running to do a mitzvah (good deed) and generously gave tzedaka (charity) to everyone. Your final good deed was jumping in front of Rabbi Mendel Goldstein to take the bullet and save his life.

Your life was defined by your good deeds. Lori leaves behind a devastated husband and 22-year-old daughter. When I heard the horrific news, Lori I called your best friend Dr. Roneet Lev Lee who is at the hospital with the other victims. Friends, if you had not heard, please note and share this widely – Today at the Chabad of Poway Synagogue on Shabbat and the last day of the Passover holiday, 19-year-old John Earnest stormed in and said ‘F*ck the Jews’ and opened fire with an AR-type assault weapon during the Rabbi’s sermon.  ...

The horror continues, the murderer also shot a 8-year-old girl, Noya Dahan. She asked for her pictured to be shared and for everyone to know she is strong. Noya’s family moved to San Diego from the Israeli city of Sderot (San Diego’s sister city) to get away from the terrorism and the constant attacks on their community.  The other victim who was shot was Along Peretz, age 32, Noya’s uncle who came from Sderot to visit his family for the Passover holiday.  They are both now in stable condition.   ...
More

Lori Gilbert Kaye
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

@240B

"Maybe an off-duty border patrol agent successfully 'engaging' the shooter has something to do with it. A little more MSM 'sleight of hand'."

DHS has confirmed this.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Aren't AK's banned there?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
They are having services at my synagogue later . I’ll go and pray. I’m also praying for those here who are sick and experiencing hard times. You all know who you are, I’m not naming in a public thread.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
May the perp rot in hell.

@Hopalong Ginsberg

I don't believe in hell,but I have no doubt he is going to spend a lot of time rotting in a mental institution if he is lucky,and a prison if he isn't. Well,given that he is a skinny white boy,I doubt he will rot all that long in prison. Somebody will kill him for fun.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And, of course, they claim it's a white male. It's ALWAYS a white male.

Scapegoat.

@jmyrlefuller

Well,it's hard to complain about that because he IS a white male. More like a skinny white boy/Beaver Cleaver than a "male",but he is what he is. What else would you have them call him?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@TomSea

Interesting that the bastard thought God approved of his actions. 

@QueenCatofAragon

You are surprised by THIS? SERIOUSLY? Every monster in history but the communists monsters have claimed God approved of their depravity,and truth to tell,so did the communists. The only difference is their "God" was named Marx.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

We saw that in Congress when Pelosi refused to condemn blatant vicious antisemitism

Not to worry. She is not going to have any problem at all condemning a skinny white boy.

Offline corbe

California synagogue shooting suspect linked to blaze at mosque: report

By Chris Mills Rodrigo - 04/28/19 03:49 PM EDT

A man accused of opening fire at a San Diego-area synagogue on Saturday has reportedly been linked to a previous arson blaze at a nearby mosque.

ABC News reported Sunday, citing a law enforcement source, that John Earnest, 19, had been identified as a suspect in a March 24 arson fire that damaged the Dar-ul-Arqam mosque in Escondido, about 15 miles north of the Chabad of Poway synagogue.

Earnest "is our guy," the law enforcement source told ABC of the arson at the mosque.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/441061-california-synagogue-shooting-suspect-linked-to-blaze-at-mosque
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Smokin Joe

@QueenCatofAragon

You are surprised by THIS? SERIOUSLY? Every monster in history but the communists monsters have claimed God approved of their depravity,and truth to tell,so did the communists. The only difference is their "God" was named Marx.
True enough. I don't blame God for the evil people do claiming He approves. It's their sick interpretation of Him, and on them, not Him. "Thou shalt not Murder" was pretty plain.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

Again, if you read the Christchurch shooter's manifesto, the objective here is to start a war in the US, any way they can, to get the Government here to try to take away our RKBA, and to incite serious problems between gun owners and the Government here. It struck me as strange that the guy was shooting Muslims in NZ to do this, but he also mentioned (correctly) that the Kiwis would lose their guns over the incident. He described NZ as "lost", but expected violence in the US if such measures were taken by the government here against the RKBA.

Mosques, Synagogues, Churches, any soft target that will cause an outcry, across religious and racial lines, are targets for this type of 'movement', aimed at providing ammo to the anti-gun factions in the US and elsewhere where there is still an RKBA, for the purpose of fomenting a greater conflict.

These incidents are part of a larger pattern of instigation attempts.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 09:46:16 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

"He described NZ as "lost", but expected violence in the US if such measures were taken by the government here against the RKBA.  Mosques, Synagogues, Churches, any soft target that will cause an outcry, across religious and racial lines, are targets for this type of 'movement', aimed at providing ammo to the anti-gun factions in the US and elsewhere where there is still an RKBA, for the purpose of fomenting a greater conflict."
These incidents are part of a larger pattern of instigation attempts.
@Smokin Joe

Yes, what you wrote is true.  All Fort Worth Catholic diocese churches have organized security officers, several per church, now and it just started.  Did you ever think you would not be safe in church?
Will your church be the next one "hit", or will it be mine?  Some people are going to stop going to church because this is happening.  That appears to be one of the goals about those of which you write.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Smokin Joe

Some people are going to stop going to church because this is happening.   

@Victoria33

I seriously doubt that. If anything it will make the devout MORE likely to attend regular services.

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33
I seriously doubt that. If anything it will make the devout MORE likely to attend regular services.
@sneakypete

There will be less Jews attending synagogue due to some parents will not take their children there.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

There will be less Jews attending synagogue due to some parents will not take their children there.

@Victoria33

OK. I will take your word for it.

rangerrebew

Synagogue Shooter Also Under Investigation For Attempted Mosque Arson
Published: April 28, 2019

After bragging in his alleged manifesto about attempting to burn down a mosque in Escondido, Calif. late last month, San Diego sheriff Bill Gore confirmed late Saturday evening that 19-year-old John Earnest, the suspect in a shooting at a Poway, Calif. synagogue, is also under investigation for attempted arson at a nearby mosque.

As we reported yesterday, there was an early morning arson at a nearby Mosque in Escondido, California on March 24 which remains unsolved. While several people were sleeping inside, one person who was awake spotted the flames and managed to put out the fire. In his manifesto, Earnest claimed inspiration from Brenton Tarrant, the man who killed nearly 50 people at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand.

https://www.blacklistednews.com/article/72349/synagogue-shooter-also-under-investigation-for-attempted-mosque.html

rangerrebew

Rabbi in California synagogue shooting says gunman’s gun jammed, or would have been ‘bloodbath’

By Edmund DeMarche

Published April 28, 2019
Fox News

The Rabbi who was shot inside a Southern California synagogue on the last day of Passover said Sunday that it was nothing short of a miracle that the gunman's semiautomatic rifle jammed and prevented what would have been a “bloodbath."

Rabbi Yisroel Goldstein appeared in bandages during a press conference outside Chabad of Poway on Sunday. He lost his index finger after being shot in a shooting spree that killed one and injured three. Two worshippers — 34-year-old Almog Peretz and 8-year-old Noya Dahan — suffered shrapnel wounds.

He said he looked up on Saturday and saw a young man wearing sunglasses standing in front of him with a rifle. He said he lifted his hands and was shot. He says he lost his index finger. And then, Goldstein said, “miraculously the gun jammed.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/rabbi-in-california-synagogue-shooting-says-gunmans-gun-jammed-or-would-have-been-bloodbath

Offline thackney

...The Los Angeles Times reported that Goldstein recently asked a Border Patrol agent to attend the temple while armed and it apparently paid off. The agent gave chase to the suspect and fired as he sped off....

This is confusing to me.  He asked the Border Patrol to come to the temple?  Or was he asking permission to attend with the rifle?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
@Victoria33

But how many are really that devout? This was passover weekend we're talking about. I'm not sure about Judaism, but Easter is one of the highest-attended Christian services of the year. So, more than likely, the synagogue had higher-than-average attendance. Having the place shot up is certainly not going to convince those visitors to come back.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline thackney

This is the Army veteran who chased the gunman out of the Poway synagogue
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-san-diego-synagogue-shooting-hero-20190428-story.html

...Whatever it was that moved through him in that moment, it propelled Stewart into the lobby. He saw the young man — who authorities say was 19-year-old John T. Earnest — in a military-style vest wielding a semiautomatic rifle.

“Get down!” Stewart yelled in the loudest tenor he could muster.

The gunman fired two more rounds in response.

“I’m going to kill you,” Stewart boomed. This seemed to rattle Earnest, who began to flee.

From his time as a sergeant in the Army, Stewart knew that the rifle would be useless if he was within five feet of it. So he kept close to the shooter as he chased him into the parking lot.

The shooter got into a Honda sedan. Stewart, seeing the man reach for his weapon, punched the side of the car. The man started the ignition and let go of the rifle.

That’s when Jonathan Morales, an off-duty Border Patrol agent, shot four bullets into the car. As the shooter sped away, Stewart and Morales took down the license plate number....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
But how many are really that devout?

I have no idea,and why is the actual number important to someone religious? What SHOULD be important to you is that holidays like Easter are still observed by the faithful. Be happy with what you have and try to build on it instead of pissed over what you don't have.

This was passover weekend we're talking about. I'm not sure about Judaism, but Easter is one of the highest-attended Christian services of the year. So, more than likely, the synagogue had higher-than-average attendance. Having the place shot up is certainly not going to convince those visitors to come back.

Really? It even makes ME want to go to show solidarity with the faithful,and I suspect I am one of the LEAST religious people you are in contact with. This is AMERICA,dammit,and Americans are supposed to be able to live their daily lives and practice their personal beliefs without fear of being murdered for them.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Army veteran stopped him? Man, I do respect and honor veterans. G-d bless you Sir :patriot:

And all who served and are serving. You all are heroes to me.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️