Author Topic: Man who killed US’s most famous president could have escaped justice all along  (Read 1712 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Man who killed US’s most famous president could have escaped justice all along
Matt Roper

Days after shooting president Abraham Lincoln as he watched a play in a Washington theatre, John Wilkes Booth was surrounded by Union troops inside a barn on a Virginia farm.

When he refused to surrender, the soldiers set the barn on fire, before shooting at him as he moved about inside.

Booth, a famous stage actor admired across the country, was fatally wounded in the neck and dragged from the barn, dying three hours later, aged 26.

Or at least that is how history has recorded the fate of the man who assassinated America’s most famous president… until now.

Read more at: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/man-who-killed-americas-most-14323359

Passing this on as a matter of interest. It does not mean this is correct, a lot of times, off-the-wall types of articles come out.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Somebody killed George Washington?

How come I never heard about this?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
 John Wilkes Booth is buried in a private cemetery just outside the thriving metropolis of Guntown Mississippi.  He died of natural causes after 1900 but I can't recall the date.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/15630616/john-wilkes-booth
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 12:36:28 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien