Author Topic: Obama charged with 'facilitating' Christian persecution (article, 12-29-18)  (Read 484 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Obama charged with 'facilitating' Christian persecution
Saturday, December 29, 2018  |   Michael F. Haverluck (OneNewsNow.com)

Goodluck Jonathan, the former president of Nigeria who is a Christian, has charged former President Barack Obama with facilitating the persecution of Christians by intervening in the nation’s politics so that he was replaced by the African nation’s current president, Muhammadu Buhari – a Muslim under whom mass carnage has been waged against believers.

Jonathan – who served as Nigeria’s president from 2010 to 2015 – alleges in his new book, My Transition Hours, that Obama went out of his way to meddle in Nigerian politics so that he was deposed and succeeded by his Muslim rival, who has gone after Christians with a vengeance.

“On March 23, 2015, President Obama himself took the unusual step of releasing a video message directly to Nigerians all but telling them how to vote,” Jonathan wrote in his book, as quoted in AllAfrica.com. “In that video, Obama urged Nigerians to open the ‘next chapter’ by their votes. Those who understood subliminal language deciphered that he was prodding the electorate to vote for the [Muslim-led] opposition to form a new government.”

Read more at: https://onenewsnow.com/persecution/2018/12/29/obama-charged-with-facilitating-christian-persecution

One News Nows, I believe is Christian news for Africans, African Americans.
More: https://allafrica.com/stories/201811200464.html
Nigeria: How Obama Plotted My Defeat in 2015 - Goodluck Jonathan

Okay, these articles are a bit of red meat, just days ago, former Nigerian President said this:

Show more respect to Buhari, Goodluck Jonathan tells Omokri
Monday, April 22, 2019 11:27 pm

By Adesina Michael

Former presidential aide and staunch critic of the APC led administration, Reno Omokri, has revealed that ex-president Goodluck Jonathan called him and appealed to him to show more respect and kindness to President Muhammadu Buhari.

Recall that Jonathan and the People’s Democratic Party lost to the All progressives Congress and President Buhari in 2015 in an historic presidential election which saw an incumbent president defeated for the first time in the history of democratic rule in post-colonial Nigeria.

More: https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/04/22/show-more-respect-to-buhari-goodluck-jonathan-tells-omokri/

So, this is a slight counter argument to the above first two articles.

But I think all of this deserves posting, remember the context and perhaps, further explore the issue.

All that said, Nigeria under the former and Christian president Goodluck Johnathan (his name) was in very dire straights. I think it's more peaceful now and I think Boko Haram has been somewhat quashed. We might remember, President Buhari visiting the WH about a year ago it seems.

Still, I posted because there are takeaways, if Obama indeed made that message to all Nigerians, I hardly see what could be a more obvious example of meddling.