Author Topic: 24 April 2019 Episode of Seal Team on CBS is the most profound thing ever shown on television  (Read 7060 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It revolves around Traumatic Brain Injury,being removed from the job you love too soon,PTSD,and government regulations at VA hospitals that get in the way more than they help.

This is without a doubt in my mind the most accurate depiction of something almost impossible to describe to anyone that hasn't experienced it themselves.

I am speechless.

A tip of the beret to all the writers,directors,and actors on this fine,fine program! Thank you,brothers!

If you missed it,you can stream it using the CBS app from Netflix or Amazon Prime.

EVERY member of the US Congress should be required by law to view this episode and write a report on what he or she saw and things are the important points. If someone had ever tried to tell me it was even possible to put this all into just a side segment of a 1 hour show focused on something else,I would have never believed it.

PLEASE pass this on to everyone you know. If enough people see and understand this,there is a chance we can change the bureaucracy at the VA and make it work.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@mystery-ak

Myst,is there some way you could highlight this thread so more people see it. The only hope to change the hopeless VA hospital system is to make more people aware of the reality versus the promise. This one episode of a tv show does more to do that than anything I could have ever imagined.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Pete, I will look for it and watch it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
111 views and only one comment?

Are none of you people combat veterans or don't know any combat veterans personally?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I saw it as well @sneakypete and couldn't agree with you more. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I saw it as well @sneakypete and couldn't agree with you more.

@Bigun

Thank you. I was beginning to wonder if it was just me having a senior moment. I've never had anything I have seen on tv or in a movie hit me with a dose of reality like that episode of Seal Team. That whole writing (especially), production,and acting team can't get enough awards AFAIMC.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

Thank you. I was beginning to wonder if it was just me having a senior moment. I've never had anything I have seen on tv or in a movie hit me with a dose of reality like that episode of Seal Team. That whole writing (especially), production,and acting team can't get enough awards AFAIMC.

I never miss an episode of that show.  Never seen one that got things so right and likely never will again.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I never miss an episode of that show.  Never seen one that got things so right and likely never will again.

@Bigun

Me,either. Watching that show is the closest most people will ever get to "living the special operations life". The tactics,brotherhood,and attitudes are right on the mark. I can't really remark on the electronic capabilities they have these days,but I can tell you I am damn glad I wasn't in constant communications and being observed by higher up back in my day. Seems,at least on tv,that the flying bosses controlling their ops are letting THEM run their ops themselves,but in general field grade officers looking for stars want to micro-manage everything to protect that possibility. The good thing about SF back then was any field grade officer that had dreams of stars left SF and went to the regular infantry because there was only ONE  General in all of the US Army SF. Now that SF is an official army branch,there are a bunch of them. Can't hardly walk around without bumping into them,and generals being generals,they all seem to want to tell you how to do your job.

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Haven't seen this episode yet (on the DVR), but Seal Team is one of the few network shows I watch.
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@bigheadfred   @mystery-ak

For the 100th time,we need the ability to ping people to threads.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

You just pinged two people to this thread... :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You just pinged two people to this thread... :shrug:

@Cyber Liberty

Yes,and it was a pain in the ass to do it. With a REAL ping list people can subscribe to topics,and then be automatically notified when there is a new post made to that topic by the software.

Jim Bob and FR have been doing this since Day One. How freaking hard can it be for software geeks to figure out how to do it?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Yes,and it was a pain in the ass to do it. With a REAL ping list people can subscribe to topics,and then be automatically notified when there is a new post made to that topic by the software.

Jim Bob and FR have been doing this since Day One. How freaking hard can it be for software geeks to figure out how to do it?

@sneakypete

We use a prepackaged Forum software called "Simple Machines."  It's off-the-shelf and doesn't include the feature you mentioned.  We didn't write our own software like Jim Bob.

We are working on a move to a better database server because the server we have now is flaky, and we may end up using a different Forum software package in the process.  We'd like to do subscriptions too, it's a really good idea.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

@Cyber Liberty

You said, "We are working on a move to a better database server because the server we have now is flaky, and we may end up using a different Forum software package in the process.  We'd like to do subscriptions too, it's a really good idea."

Don't mess up this website!  I hate websites screwing up their website after I have mastered how it works!  Oh, crap, you ARE going to mess it up!   22222frying pan

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

You said, "We are working on a move to a better database server because the server we have now is flaky, and we may end up using a different Forum software package in the process.  We'd like to do subscriptions too, it's a really good idea."

Don't mess up this website!  I hate websites screwing up their website after I have mastered how it works!  Oh, crap, you ARE going to mess it up!   22222frying pan

Probably.   ****slapping ****slapping

(Seriously, that's why I'm hoping we can keep Simple Machines.  They have patched a lot of bugs and added features, but we haven't been able to update because our hosting service sux.  :shrug: )
I will NOT comply.

rangerrebew

@rangerrebew

PING!

Hello, hello?  I hear a ping.  I don't have the authority to do what you want but I'll check into it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Hello, hello?  I hear a ping.  I don't have the authority to do what you want but I'll check into it.

@rangerrebew

Thanks!

As I am sure YOU know,it's not we vets that need to be aware of this. We already know more about it than we want to know. I want everyone possible to see this because it is important the VETERAN FAMILIES see it so they can gain some understanding of what is going on. It is NOT just "a simple damn headache"!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

We have Mentions which are pings...if you know of a programmer send him our way...we could always use the help.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We have Mentions which are pings...if you know of a programmer send him our way...we could always use the help.

@mystery-ak

I do know the guy that helped Goldi set up her web page by writing the software. IF I can remember his screen name I can email and ask him if you can get permission to use his software. Since it is 15-20 years old now,I don't see why  he would object.

When/if I remember his screen name I will send you a PM after contacting him.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@mystery-ak

I do know the guy that helped Goldi set up her web page by writing the software. IF I can remember his screen name I can email and ask him if you can get permission to use his software. Since it is 15-20 years old now,I don't see why  he would object.

When/if I remember his screen name I will send you a PM after contacting him.

Thanks...he better work cheap..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Thanks...he better work cheap..lol

@mystery-ak

Unless he would have to write a lot of code to get it to play well with your software,he shouldn't have to do any work at all. He did all the work 15+ years ago and allowed Goldie and the owner of Freeedom4um to use it for free.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Cyber Liberty

@Victoria33

The software I am talking about is probably more than 15 years old,and is the same software used by Goldi's site when she was alive,and is still used by freedom4um.com and well as LibertyFlame.com.

Frankly,it is a HELL of a lot simpler to use than the current software being used here,and it ain't like there are still bugs in it that haven't been worked out.

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33   
Frankly,it is a HELL of a lot simpler to use than the current software being used here,and it ain't like there are still bugs in it that haven't been worked out.
@sneakypete

But, but, but, I know THIS ONE.  If the one you speak of is used, I am going to send you PMs every time I don't know what to do on the new software.  You might as well make a special folder for all my PMs.  You and I are friends on a deep level that transcends minor friendship, so I want you to help me when this old software changes to new software.  That goes for you, too, @Cyber Liberty and @mystery-ak .  Get the software you want and then leave it alone!  Don't change it again!   9999hair out0000   8888crybaby

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

But, but, but, I know THIS ONE.  If the one you speak of is used, I am going to send you PMs every time I don't know what to do on the new software.  You might as well make a special folder for all my PMs.  You and I are friends on a deep level that transcends minor friendship, so I want you to help me when this old software changes to new software.  That goes for you, too, @Cyber Liberty and @mystery-ak .  Get the software you want and then leave it alone!  Don't change it again!   9999hair out0000   8888crybaby

@Victoria33

No problem. Make sure you read my replies very thoroughly,and follow each step in detail.

Here is a thought. You can just go to https://libertysflame.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi,click on a few links,and see for yourself how simple it is.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 10:41:39 pm by sneakypete »