Author Topic: Vegan Feminist Cafe That Imposed 18% “Gender Surcharge” on Men Closes Down  (Read 962 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
A vegan feminist cafe in Australia that imposed an 18 per cent “gender surcharge” on men and gave women priority seating has closed down.

The Handsome Her cafe, which only opened a few years ago and was located in inner city Melbourne, described itself as “by women, for women”.

The venue attracted headlines in 2017 for challenging the “gender pay gap” (which doesn’t exist) by charging men extra.

At the time, the cafe’s management claimed the attention left them “jam-packed with customers showing their support”.

https://summit.news/2019/04/23/vegan-feminist-cafe-that-imposed-18-gender-surcharge-on-men-closes-down/
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I'm not sure how true this is, but I've heard a statistic, and admittedly this is over a decade old at this point, that 9 out of 10 restaurants fail within their first couple of years.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline goatprairie

I'm not sure how true this is, but I've heard a statistic, and admittedly this is over a decade old at this point, that 9 out of 10 restaurants fail within their first couple of years.
True. I remember reading that many years ago. But that might have meant all businesses.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
True. A normal business model to get around this is to remodel and reopen every few years. That is, an owner will ride the 'newness' wave until it wears off and business slumps. Then the owner will "go out of business" and open a 'new' restaurant to start all over again.

Simply rotate from Vegan to French to Italian to whatever. Keep it fresh. Keep it 'new'. Even though it is the same location, staff, and owner with each iteration.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline andy58-in-nh

It wasn't going to work as a business model, because they had to close for one week each month.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Guess they ran out of vegetables to serve. Literally.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline goatprairie

Quite a few commenters on TripAdvisor ripped the place.  Most of the the negative reviewers were men although there were a few women who thought the business model was stupid.
Apparently, the servers there went out of their way to be nasty to any men who ate there.
I can't believe the men who got treated shabbily by the awful personnel didn't know that beforehand. All the pictures of radical feminists and ugly stares should have  given them a clue.

Offline mountaineer

That's true, and purposefully excluding (or mistreating) half of your potential customers doesn't help much.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

Get Woke. Go Broke.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I would gladly pay the surcharge if it meant I could get them to make me a water-cress sandwich.   I'd have tipped them my usual 20% which makes the 18% surcharge a bargain.

"Make me a sammich!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

I would gladly pay the surcharge if it meant I could get them to make me a water-cress sandwich.   I'd have tipped them my usual 20% which makes the 18% surcharge a bargain.

"Make me a sammich!"
The whole thing is ripe for some sort of satire. But today's liberal p.c. ridden comedy writers wouldn't consider satirizing man-hating lesbians.