Author Topic: The 70s Cat Box ... Music Thread and occasional Disco Hut  (Read 21908 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: The 70s Cat Box ... Music Thread and occasional Disco Hut
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2019, 08:49:24 pm »
From 1970, the Guess Who, an instrumental:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Both of your songs are very enjoyable especially, for me, the Guess Who @PeteS in CA

The photo might not be the clearest, but I never noticed, the guy on the right-most looks First Nation, Native American for us.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2019, 01:10:03 am »
Both of your songs are very enjoyable especially, for me, the Guess Who @PeteS in CA

The photo might not be the clearest, but I never noticed, the guy on the right-most looks First Nation, Native American for us.

IIRC, the Guess Who were a Canadian group.

I've heard Barry McGuire's 1970s studio and live albums. He definitely is better live, and in studio tended toward over-production. I also saw him live ~1980. He really is good at relating to an audience.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline corbe

« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2019, 12:57:32 am »
   You beat me as far as 'Time' songs go in the 60's @Hoodat .  After searching laboriously, I'm tapped out.  Let's tackle the 70's when we come back up.

Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4 (HD)   

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2019, 01:12:16 am »
Pink Floyd  -  Time

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2019, 01:40:43 am »
   Apparently with the cocaine boom starting no one gave a $hit about time.

Come Down In Time - Elton John

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2019, 01:59:37 am »
Neil Young  -  Comes a Time

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2019, 12:31:06 am »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

The familiar part starts at ~1 minute. And that was their original name.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline corbe

« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2019, 12:59:03 am »
Al Stewart ~ Time Passages

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2019, 04:57:05 am »
Every generation thinks it has cornered the market on the best music...

The 70s is no exception... I will do my best to make a case for this decade.... (I appoint myself as an expert of course).... /s

Rubber Duckie (Ernie).mp3
https://mab.to/ujZTcbuuT

Sesame Street Song (The Kids).mp3
https://mab.to/6DzuBDCPm

Forget the 60's Monster Mash... the 70s had Ray Stevens...

Henhouse Five Plus Two - In The Mood.mp3
https://mab.to/lY2xrLuns

Henhouse Five Plus Two - Classical Cluck.mp3
https://mab.to/MTjT9mRlZ

Yep, the 70s even had awesome classical show tune songs...

James Galway & Henry Mancini - In The Pink.zip
https://mab.to/u4foYTgi2

Just for fun post... and yes I actually like the "In the Pink" (Pink Panther themed collaboration)...

3 Days Only
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 05:18:13 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline PeteS in CA

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2019, 06:19:21 pm »
Every generation thinks it has cornered the market on the best music...

The 70s is no exception... I will do my best to make a case for this decade.... (I appoint myself as an expert of course).... /s
I think my generation is finally coming to the conclusion that their most popular "music" stinks.

Thanks to reruns, the Internet and growing up with "oldies" on the radio, we can now judge for ourselves... and there's a lot of new appreciation for the older stuff. ('Course, there's a nugget of nostalgia in every generation.)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2019, 03:56:48 pm »
I think my generation is finally coming to the conclusion that their most popular "music" stinks.

Thanks to reruns, the Internet and growing up with "oldies" on the radio, we can now judge for ourselves... and there's a lot of new appreciation for the older stuff. ('Course, there's a nugget of nostalgia in every generation.)
My grand kids and their friends are looking for music, not so much in the rap/hip hop era, but back to the 60s through 80s for stuff to listen to.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2019, 08:12:08 pm »

Awesome song, @PeteS in CA .  To be played at very high volume.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2019, 08:13:06 pm »
Jim Croce  -  Time in a Bottle

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2019, 01:34:22 am »
   Back before no one gave a damn about Morals, this song was very controversial.

(If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don’t Want To Be Right ~ Luther Ingram

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline PeteS in CA

« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 03:09:18 am by PeteS in CA »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2019, 01:25:56 pm »
A little Kinks for your morning.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online Hoodat

« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2019, 05:09:54 pm »
Allman Brothers  -  Ain't Wastin' Time No More

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2019, 03:52:26 am »
My 70s Halloween Offering this year...

Halloween 70s.zip
https://mab.to/GpOqBWEXb

3 Disco in Drag Nights Only !
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Hoodat

« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2019, 03:12:49 am »
YES  -  Time and a Word

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2019, 09:59:24 pm »

Just for fun post... Source: Flexidisk

Mad Disco -1980– Disco Suicide.zip
https://mab.to/Auue3DM5F

3 Days Only !

Offline corbe

« Reply #123 on: November 10, 2019, 06:06:29 pm »
Van Morrison - Wild Night (1971)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online Hoodat

« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2019, 01:54:07 am »
Marvin Gaye  -  Got to Give it Up

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-