Author Topic: Starbucks is installing needle-disposal boxes in locations across America following OSHA penalties a  (Read 684 times)

Online corbe

Starbucks is installing needle-disposal boxes in locations across America following OSHA penalties and worker concerns about drug use in bathrooms

Kate Taylor

2h

Starbucks has installed needle-disposal boxes in its locations' bathrooms in at least 25 US markets as the chain works to  address workers' safety concerns in recent months.

By summer 2019, the coffee giant plans to have installed sharps boxes in bathrooms in all regions where such action was deemed necessary.

The Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) investigated Starbucks' safety policies and practices in 2018 after two employees at a store in Eugene, Oregon, were stuck with hypodermic needles within a month of each other, according to documents obtained by Business Insider through a Freedom of Information Act request.

Starbucks was fined $3,100 as a result of the investigation.

Thousands of workers have called for Starbucks to install sharps boxes in its bathrooms as employees report finding blood and needles and being pricked by improperly discarded sharps, risking exposure to HIV and hepatitis.

<..snip..>

https://www.businessinsider.com/starbucks-needle-disposal-boxes-more-locations-2019-4
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Tell me why anyone in their right mind would go to Starbucks as it continues to attract the filth of America?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline verga

Who in their right mind would go and pay money for that over priced swill?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Their ultra-Liberal nonsense turned what used to be an upper middle class meet-place into a homeless junkie hangout. I would be afraid to used their bathroom. Not just for fear of stepping on an AIDS needle, but many other diseases and crabs that could be in there. No thanks.

And who would ever work there? Unless I'm working in a hospital, there is no way any boss could force me to clean up dirty needles. That is not in my job description as a guy who makes and pours overpriced burned coffee. Yea, I'll make that coffee for you right away. I just have to go clean up all the shit and diarrhea all over the floor and walls and then empty out the dirty needle bins. Then I'll be right back to make you some fresh coffee.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The underlying strategy of Starbucks to welcome all will not play well to their primary customer base, the one that actually has the money to pay for their products.

That strategy is synonymous with the strategy of the Democrat party.  By welcoming all, one exhibits no values as all members who have values are being disrespected by the party.

If a ChikFilA type of of coffee shop would open to compete with Starbucks, I have no doubt it would do fantastic as those with values driven away from Starbucks would have a new place to sip their coffee.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Victoria33

@corbe

Bob owns Starbucks stock.  For Christmas in 2014, he gave me a gold Starbucks card and puts money on it when I have used the money on it.  He says they charge too much for coffee and he won't buy a cup from them but it's okay if I have the card and he puts money on it.  That makes no sense, does it? 

Online corbe

Particularly not this early in the morning @Victoria33
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@corbe

Bob owns Starbucks stock.  For Christmas in 2014, he gave me a gold Starbucks card and puts money on it when I have used the money on it.  He says they charge too much for coffee and he won't buy a cup from them but it's okay if I have the card and he puts money on it.  That makes no sense, does it?

@Victoria33

Depends on how much you like the cofeve they serve?  I'd do the same for Mrs. Liberty.   :tongue2:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

Nothing better than sitting and enjoying an overpriced danish and nice hot cup of Starbucks coffee right next to a box of used hypes.