Author Topic: If you don’t want militia patrolling the border, then secure the border without them  (Read 462 times)

rangerrebew

If you don’t want militia patrolling the border, then secure the border without them

Published

7 hours ago on

April 21, 2019

By

Kerry Marasco

If the southern border of the United States was properly secured by the government, there would be no need for armed militia to patrol it. If you have any argument you perceive as valid that contradicts this claim, please feel free to express it. I’d love to hear it.

But there won’t be valid arguments against this claim because the claim is purely logical. It’s easy for politicians on both sides of the aisle to scream about armed militia detaining illegal immigrants and asylum-seeking migrants crossing the border, but their screams are irrelevant as long as the borders are so porous, the laws are so restrictive in addressing illegal immigrants, and the border patrol is forced to be stretched so thin by the sheer numbers of people crossing over.

https://noqreport.com/2019/04/21/don...order-without/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Larry Mitchell Hopkins was arrested for being a felon with a gun and/or ammunition, not for holding illegals at gunpoint.  That seems to be going unreported at the conservative news sites.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Larry Mitchell Hopkins was arrested for being a felon with a gun and/or ammunition, not for holding illegals at gunpoint.  That seems to be going unreported at the conservative news sites.

I read elsewhere here on TBR that the original felony was from 1964 and it is not specified what it was. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I read elsewhere here on TBR that the original felony was from 1964 and it is not specified what it was.

I guess he should have petitioned the court to have his rights restored. It happens all the time.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

I guess he should have petitioned the court to have his rights restored. It happens all the time.

1964! Good grief. Very unfortunate.

I think we are going to see more and more militia groups heading towards the border.  What happened to Trump saying that he was going to order more military, or was he just giving more lip service as he normally does these days?

On the border issue he has lost all credibility and right now, I'm not so sure what to believe coming from him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Something odd about this.  He would have been 15 at the time.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Something odd about this.  He would have been 15 at the time.

I guess it depends on the felony.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline thackney

New Mexico Border Militia Leader Allegedly Said Group Planned to Assassinate Obama, Clinton
https://www.thedailybeast.com/larry-mitchell-hopkins-border-militia-leader-allegedly-said-group-was-training-to-assassinate-obama-clinton

Larry Mitchell Hopkins allegedly said his vigilante group was training to kill Hillary Clinton, George Soros, and Barack Obama, because of their ‘support of Antifa.’...

...During a search of his property, the FBI found 10 guns in Hopkins’ “office,” which he claimed were owned by Fay Sanders Murphy, his “common law wife.” Hopkins told authorities there were two more guns in his bedroom—a shotgun and a handgun—and another handgun in his kitchen. All told, the FBI seized nine guns from Hopkins’ home as evidence, including shotguns and long rifles.

Saturday’s arrest marks the third time the militia leader has been arrested on weapons charges. In 1996, he was convicted for possessing a loaded firearm in Michigan. In 2006, he was also convicted in Oregon of felony possession of a firearm and criminal impersonation of a peace officer....

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Alleged commander of militia group makes initial appearance in federal court
https://www.daily-times.com/story/news/crime/2019/04/22/larry-mitchell-hopkins-appears-federal-court-las-cruces/3541126002/

...In Oregon 12 years ago, Hopkins was found guilty of the same crime for which he's now being accused.

But Hopkins fled without serving his sentence.

Klamath County, Oregon, court records show an arrest order for Hopkins was issued in January 2007 for after he failed to meet with his parole officer. Hopkins had been given probation the previous year after pleading guilty to two charges of being a felon in possession of a firearm and impersonating a peace officer. Police said Hopkins, convicted in 1986 in Michigan of a felony, had shown two firearms and a badge that said “special agent” to a group of juveniles.

After Hopkins appeared for only his initial parole meeting but never returned, his parole officer recommended a 20-month prison sentence. An arrest warrant was issued but last year a judge dropped the case because the parole violation was “too old to effectively prosecute."...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 02:20:21 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Thanks, @thackney.  Not looking good for him.