General Category > National/Breaking News

People are pooping more than ever on the streets of San Francisco

(1/6) > >>

rangerrebew:
People are pooping more than ever on the streets of San Francisco
Ben Gilbert, provided by
| on April 18, 2019

One of America's wealthiest cities has a huge problem with public poop.

Between 2011 and 2018, San Francisco experienced a massive increase in reported incidents of human feces found on public streets.

In 2011, just over 5,500 reports were logged by the San Francisco Department of Public Works; in 2018, the number increased to more than 28,000.

The government watchdog Open the Books documented the sharp increase over time in a stunning chart, first spotted by the BuzzFeed editor John Paczkowski.

Notably, this is a chart of only documented reports — the actual amount of feces on San Francisco's streets is likely even higher than these statistics suggest.

"I will say there is more feces on the sidewalks than I've ever seen growing up here," San Francisco Mayor London Breed told NBC in a 2018 interview. "That is a huge problem, and we are not just talking about from dogs — we're talking about from humans."

https://m.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/People-are-pooping-more-than-ever-on-the-streets-13778680.php

rangerrebew:
When I was in the Philippines in the early 70s, many of the toilets looked like they hadn't been cleaned since WWII.  It might well have been more sanitary to drop a load in the street rather than use one of their terlets, but I don't remember ever seeing human feces anywhere. blij26

Free Vulcan:
I hear the poop graffiti is beautiful this time of year.

RetBobbyMI:
Nancy Pilosi must be proud of her district, very proud! 🤮

mountaineer:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on April 22, 2019, 01:38:05 pm ---I hear the poop graffiti is beautiful this time of year.

--- End quote ---
Next on the calendar: an art festival featuring poop sculptures and paintings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version