Author Topic: People are pooping more than ever on the streets of San Francisco  (Read 1228 times)

rangerrebew

People are pooping more than ever on the streets of San Francisco
Ben Gilbert, provided by
| on April 18, 2019

One of America's wealthiest cities has a huge problem with public poop.

Between 2011 and 2018, San Francisco experienced a massive increase in reported incidents of human feces found on public streets.

In 2011, just over 5,500 reports were logged by the San Francisco Department of Public Works; in 2018, the number increased to more than 28,000.

The government watchdog Open the Books documented the sharp increase over time in a stunning chart, first spotted by the BuzzFeed editor John Paczkowski.

Notably, this is a chart of only documented reports — the actual amount of feces on San Francisco's streets is likely even higher than these statistics suggest.

"I will say there is more feces on the sidewalks than I've ever seen growing up here," San Francisco Mayor London Breed told NBC in a 2018 interview. "That is a huge problem, and we are not just talking about from dogs — we're talking about from humans."

https://m.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/People-are-pooping-more-than-ever-on-the-streets-13778680.php

rangerrebew

Re: People are pooping more than ever on the streets of San Francisco
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 12:15:01 pm »
When I was in the Philippines in the early 70s, many of the toilets looked like they hadn't been cleaned since WWII.  It might well have been more sanitary to drop a load in the street rather than use one of their terlets, but I don't remember ever seeing human feces anywhere. blij26

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 01:38:05 pm »
I hear the poop graffiti is beautiful this time of year.
The Republic is lost.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 01:51:45 pm »
Nancy Pilosi must be proud of her district, very proud! 🤮
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 02:05:13 pm »
Next on the calendar: an art festival featuring poop sculptures and paintings.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 02:07:31 pm »
I wonder if Kamaltoe will be asked about this as she campaigns to cover the country with $h!t.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 02:09:53 pm »
Bucket list:
San Francisco

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 02:17:13 pm »
Bucket list:
San Francisco
Was there is early 80’s. Didn’t like it then, never put on my bucket list. Actually the whole granola (land of fruits and nuts) State was never on it.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Idiot

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 02:27:19 pm »
Was there is early 80’s. Didn’t like it then, never put on my bucket list. Actually the whole granola (land of fruits and nuts) State was never on it.
Actually I had a plane connection in LA a couple of years ago and that's all of California that I plan to see, EVER...  lol.  LAX was a nightmare.  I had my 88 yr old mom in a wheelchair that had to be wheeled OUTSIDE by the planes to the adjoining terminal.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 02:33:18 pm »
Well considering folks in the Castro like playing with feces, they should feel right at home.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 02:34:23 pm »
The edges of California are very nice.  Last year the wife and I stayed in extreme northern California (Redwood National Park) for a few days, and a few months ago drove around the eastern edges and eventually Death Valley. 
We've never gotten closer than about forty miles from LA.
If you don't mind the ridiculous gas prices, you might like the edges.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2019, 02:59:29 pm »
Remember the song
"If you're pooping in San Francisco
Make sure you bring some toilet paper with you there.
If you're pooping in San Francisco
You're gonna meet some smelly, disgusting people there."

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2019, 03:39:12 pm »
Remember the song
"If you're pooping in San Francisco
Make sure you bring some toilet paper with you there.
If you're pooping in San Francisco
You're gonna meet some smelly, disgusting people there."
I left my poop... in San Francisco
There in a pile, down on my knees...
Crushed by the wheels of cable cars, stinking halfway to the stars
The morning fog may foul the air, I don't care...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2019, 04:07:28 pm »
I left my poop... in San Francisco
There in a pile, down on my knees...
Crushed by the wheels of cable cars, stinking halfway to the stars
The morning fog may foul the air, I don't care...

I believe the  growth of fecal matter in some liberal west coast  cities  represents some sort of correlation/parallel to the growth of liberalism. 

There's a literary phrase/word for that as well which I can't think of right now, but I think the comparison between the malignant growth of liberalism and increasing piles of fecal matter on liberal streets and sidewalks speaks volumes.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 04:10:54 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2019, 11:58:50 pm »
If you're goin' to San Francisco
Better watch your step when you get there
'Cause if you're goin' to San Francisco
You're gonna meet some crappin' people there!

(Apologies to Scott McKenzie!)

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2019, 12:19:29 am »
I believe the  growth of fecal matter in some liberal west coast  cities  represents some sort of correlation/parallel to the growth of liberalism. 

There's a literary phrase/word for that as well which I can't think of right now, but I think the comparison between the malignant growth of liberalism and increasing piles of fecal matter on liberal streets and sidewalks speaks volumes.

Well we've got a Presidential candidate who likes playing with fecal matter.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2019, 12:30:24 am »
Bucket list:
San Francisco

It should still be on your bucket list - meaning you should be handing out buckets to people, so you can actually walk the streets, without navigating human landmines.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2019, 11:38:39 am »
Likewise here in Seattle.   I work outside of Seattle, and a homeless person left a big pile of his poop in the stairwell to our parking garage. Along with cigarette butts more evidence he sat there over night.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2019, 12:01:49 pm »
Apr 15, 2019, 08:11am
Mapping San Francisco's Human Waste Challenge - 132,562 Cases Reported In The Public Way Since 2008
Adam Andrzejewski
Forbes
... Today, San Francisco hosts an estimated homeless population of 7,500 people. Affluent sections of the city have become dangerous with open-air drug use, tens of thousands of discarded needles, and, sadly, human feces.

Since 2011, there have been at least 118,352 reported instances of human fecal matter on city streets. ...

Our auditors at OpenTheBooks.com plotted all reports of human waste since 2011 using latitude and longitude address coordinates of all cases closed by the San Francisco Department of Public Works.

Using our interactive map, just click a pin and scroll down to review the results (all closed cases by neighborhood) rendered in the chart beneath the map. Available data is the result of resident reporting to the city’s 311 dispatchers during the years 2011-2019.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2019, 12:15:13 pm »
Likewise here in Seattle.   I work outside of Seattle, and a homeless person left a big pile of his poop in the stairwell to our parking garage. Along with cigarette butts more evidence he sat there over night.
You probably saw this:
KOMO News Special: Seattle is Dying
by Eric Johnson | KOMO NewsThursday, March 14th 2019

Seattle Is Dying. It's a harsh title. Someone on social media even called it a "hopeless" title. I'll admit to you that I wrestled with the name for some time. Too dramatic, I wondered? Too dark? In the end I went with it because I believe it to be true. I believe that Seattle is dying. Rotting from within. ... More, plus video, at link

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2019, 09:51:49 pm »
if ya gots to go, ya gots to go
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2019, 11:13:45 am »
The best part. The very best part.
It's a $300 fine if you don't pick up your dog's poop but no fine if you don't pick up your own poop.
The city banned plastic straws but the government gives out plastic syringes.
Countdown to Resignation

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2019, 11:43:53 am »
The best part. The very best part.
It's a $300 fine if you don't pick up your dog's poop but no fine if you don't pick up your own poop.
The city banned plastic straws but the government gives out plastic syringes.
That's "Liberal Logic" at its apex.
BTW, I've seen this first hand. Waiting at a redlight in city center saw an obviously homeless guy staggering down the sidewalk. Suddenly he stopped, whipped it out, and started pissing right there on the spot. Not in an alley. Not against a building. Nothing. He simply stopped walking and started pissing right out in the open. It is sad, but I had to chuckle when I thought of all the Liberals with their $500 shoes walking through this guy's pee. San Francisco is devolving back to the Middle Ages in Europe. And if they do step in crap or pee, it is dangerous to clean it because of Hepatitis and all the other diseases that could be transmitted this way.

There has to be at least one Liberal somewhere who is secretly thinking, "Maybe we didn't think this all the way through?"
Liberals man. They are crazy as hell but I sort of feel sorry for them in a way. Much like I feel about my retarded cousin.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 11:45:26 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2019, 01:45:10 pm »
That's "Liberal Logic" at its apex.
BTW, I've seen this first hand. Waiting at a redlight in city center saw an obviously homeless guy staggering down the sidewalk. Suddenly he stopped, whipped it out, and started pissing right there on the spot. Not in an alley. Not against a building. Nothing. He simply stopped walking and started pissing right out in the open. It is sad, but I had to chuckle when I thought of all the Liberals with their $500 shoes walking through this guy's pee. San Francisco is devolving back to the Middle Ages in Europe. And if they do step in crap or pee, it is dangerous to clean it because of Hepatitis and all the other diseases that could be transmitted this way.

There has to be at least one Liberal somewhere who is secretly thinking, "Maybe we didn't think this all the way through?"
Liberals man. They are crazy as hell but I sort of feel sorry for them in a way. Much like I feel about my retarded cousin.
This is why liberalism is so insidious. The considerations/feelings of a wayward member of society take precedence over the majority of the people who aren't wayward.
Liberals don't care if mainstreaming mentally ill people harms the majority who are not mentally ill. There are numerous other examples where liberals defend the weird at the expense of the non-weird. 
And in the end, the weird/deranged are not helped but usually harmed by the bleeding heart libs trying to "help" them.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2019, 12:50:28 pm »
 Bookmark

💩💩💩
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️