Author Topic: Good News/Bad News  (Read 2438 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Good News/Bad News
« on: April 22, 2019, 11:40:26 am »
 The bad news is that Adele is seperated from her husband.

The good news is this means there will be a new Adele album out soon.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/adele-queen-break-up-album-divorce-could-produce-much-darker/

Adele is queen of the break-up album but her divorce could produce a much darker, angrier record

Neil McCormick Music Critic

Neil McCormick

20 April 2019 • 6:01pm

Save
The response to the news that Adele has split up with her husband has been a weird mixture of sympathy and glee.

“When I’m happy, I ain’t writing songs, I’m out having a laugh,” Adele cheerfully told me in 2011. “If I ever get married, it’ll be 'Darling, I need a divorce, it’s been three years, I’ve got a record to write!’”

They are words that may be coming back to haunt her. Just four years since her last world-beating album, 25, and two years after tying the knot with her long term partner Simon Konecki, the couple have separated and Adele is reported to be back in a recording studio.

News of the break up has been greeted with a weird mixture of sympathy and glee. “Sad to hear Adele and her husband have split. On the upside there’ll be a cracking album” was a typical social media response. MTV UK tweeted,...

continued at link
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Good News/Bad News
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 03:31:26 pm »
She does have an amazing voice.

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 09:59:46 pm »
LOL!! That is the first thing I thought.  Another breakup...another album.

I'm not truly an Adele fan. Other than "Rollin in the Deep" her songs are a little depressing and draggy. She does have an awesome voice.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 02:56:11 am »
LOL!! That is the first thing I thought.  Another breakup...another album.

I'm not truly an Adele fan. Other than "Rollin in the Deep" her songs are a little depressing and draggy. She does have an awesome voice.

She is also one of the best songwriters that has ever lived,both for lyrics and music.

The irony here is she started out as a songwriter instead of a performer. Most likely because she is not stupid,and she looked around and didn't see women her size selling tickets. Same as Roy Orbinson,who had to be talked into recording his own music. Some producer talked both of them into recording,and  history was made.

Adele is not just talented,she is insanely talented.  As well as being pretty damn smart and having the stones to take something so personal and make it public on an epic level,while not throwing bombs at people in  her past.

In fact,ironically enough,my ONLY criticism of Adele is her weight. I want to see her lose down to a normal weight for her height for health reasons. I want to be able to think she will still be writing music and performing when she is 75,not dead at 60 from diabetes,heart disease,etc,etc,etc.

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 10:50:25 pm »
@sneakypete you are full of surprises.  I would never have pegged you for an Adele fan.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 11:43:03 pm »
@sneakypete you are full of surprises.  I would never have pegged you for an Adele fan.

@berdie

I admire and respect perfection in all it's forms,and when it comes to music,Adele is perfection.

Plus, from all reports I think she is a pretty nice person in real life,too.