Author Topic: Frustration grows among migrants in Mexico as support fades  (Read 469 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Frustration grows among migrants in Mexico as support fades

10 hrs ago

MAPASTEPEC, Mexico — Madison Mendoza, her feet aching and her face burned by the sun, wept as she said she had nothing to feed her 2-year-old son who she'd brought with her on the long trek toward the United States.

Mendoza, 22, said an aunt in Honduras had convinced her to join the migrant caravan, which she did two weeks ago in the capital of Tegucigalpa. The aunt said she'd have no problems, that people along the route in Mexico would help as they did for a large caravan that moved through the area in October.
But this time, the help did not come. The outpouring of aid that once greeted Central American migrants as they trekked in caravans through southern Mexico has been drying up. Hungrier, advancing slowly or not at all, and hounded by unhelpful local officials, frustration is growing among the 5,000 to 8,000 migrants in the southern state of Chiapas.

"What causes me pain is that the baby asks me for food and there are days when I can't provide it," said Mendoza, who fled Honduras with almost no money because she feared for her life after receiving threats from the father of her son. "I thought that with the baby, people would help me on road."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/frustration-grows-among-migrants-in-mexico-as-support-fades/ar-BBW8J8v?ocid=spartanntp

Mexican Town Once Welcomed Migrants. Now It Blames Mexico’s President for Them.
 April 20, 2019  admin
MAPASTEPEC, Mexico — Like so many others in his impoverished part of southern Mexico, Joaquín Ramírez, a corn farmer, eagerly cast his vote in the presidential election last year for Andrés Manuel López Obrador.
But less than five months into Mr. López Obrador’s term, Mr. Ramírez’s view of the president has begun to sour.
The reason, he said, is evident in the tens of thousands of migrants from Central America and elsewhere who have stopped in his small town in recent months en route to the United States border, taxing government resources and the patience of residents.
Mr. Ramírez blames the influx on the president’s migrant-friendly messaging and policies.
“By trying to do good, he has done a lot of bad,” Mr. Ramírez said in the main square in the town of Mapastepec. “It seems like he is more worried about them than about his own people.”

The resentment is heated enough that local officials in the nearby town of Huixtla tried to block about 2,000 migrants from entering town in recent days, declaring an emergency and telling residents to close their shops and remain inside their homes...……

https://rlvntnews.com/2019/04/mexican-town-once-welcomed-migrants-now-it-blames-mexicos-president-for-them/

A Mexican presidential candidate has called mass migration to the United States a "human right."
According to a report from Eluniversal, candidate Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO) said that migrants fleeing to the United States would be "a human right we will defend."
"Soon, very soon, after the victory of our movement, we will defend migrants all over the American continent and the migrants of the world who, by necessity, must abandon their towns to find life in the United States; it’s a human right we will defend," he said.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/32202/mexican-prez-candidate-calls-mass-exodus-us-paul-bois

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Re: Frustration grows among migrants in Mexico as support fades
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 09:35:15 pm »
Politicians on both sides take a bow for this Humanitarian Crisis.  International Crisis that they created by their inaction as representatives of the United States.  No, this isn't all on the left it is on the President.  It is on Democrats and Republicans who only blame the inaction on each other.  And being that these caravans are being driven by liberals in America you would think it could be stopped.  Shame is a mighty tool.  Why aren't the Republicans using the humanitarian crisis to secure the border. 

The woman was encouraged by her Aunt who thought she should flee her country because she had an abusive boyfriend.  How many American women have abusive boyfriends they need to flee?  That simply is not Asylum worthy.  And most cases are not.  They are encouraging these people to put children at risk to come to the United States.  Whether it is for work or believing some crazy idea that we don't have crime.  That people don't have bad relationships.  That we don't have gangs or violence.  That all men are gentlemen and you are not responsible for your own relationships.

Our government could stop this right now.  Stop the lure that brings these people who put babies and children at risk. It takes letting these ignorant people know that they are not going to be getting free everything.  Not in Mexico and not in the US.  And that the citizens are all tired, all of them.  American and Mexican and you should not expect that everyone is going to raise your family for you.  Not to cheer you on.  Stay home.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 02:18:34 am »
Politicians on both sides take a bow for this Humanitarian Crisis.  International Crisis that they created by their inaction as representatives of the United States.  No, this isn't all on the left it is on the President.  It is on Democrats and Republicans who only blame the inaction on each other.  And being that these caravans are being driven by liberals in America you would think it could be stopped.  Shame is a mighty tool.  Why aren't the Republicans using the humanitarian crisis to secure the border. 

The woman was encouraged by her Aunt who thought she should flee her country because she had an abusive boyfriend.  How many American women have abusive boyfriends they need to flee?  That simply is not Asylum worthy.  And most cases are not.  They are encouraging these people to put children at risk to come to the United States.  Whether it is for work or believing some crazy idea that we don't have crime.  That people don't have bad relationships.  That we don't have gangs or violence.  That all men are gentlemen and you are not responsible for your own relationships.

Our government could stop this right now.  Stop the lure that brings these people who put babies and children at risk. It takes letting these ignorant people know that they are not going to be getting free everything.  Not in Mexico and not in the US.  And that the citizens are all tired, all of them.  American and Mexican and you should not expect that everyone is going to raise your family for you.  Not to cheer you on.  Stay home.

"Mendoza, 22, said an aunt in Honduras had convinced her"

I agree with your points, I just wanted to point out that we don't know if she's even an "asylum" seeker in the first place.  I'm sure just about everyone in these caravans has a sob story to tell -- and just wants free stuff.

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 04:17:22 am »
"Mendoza, 22, said an aunt in Honduras had convinced her"

I agree with your points, I just wanted to point out that we don't know if she's even an "asylum" seeker in the first place.  I'm sure just about everyone in these caravans has a sob story to tell -- and just wants free stuff.

It is so obvious that is the problem.  Free stuff.  All it would take to stop it is no more promises of jobs and benefits.  These people need to know before they leave that it isn't a free ride.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 05:24:15 pm »

It is so obvious that is the problem.  Free stuff.  All it would take to stop it is no more promises of jobs and benefits.  These people need to know before they leave that it isn't a free ride.

An obvious problem with an easy fix.  Why hasn't the U.S. simply announced that the U.S. NO longer will provide benefits and jobs?  Jobs and benefits will only be given to qualified U.S. citizens period. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 05:26:46 pm »

And employers need to know that we will no longer subsidize their cheap labor.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 06:30:37 pm »
And employers need to know that we will no longer subsidize their cheap labor.

I'm OK with fining the crap out of employers who don't bother checking immigration status of candidates for employment.  I think it's supposed to be in existing law, unless the politicians stripped that out.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: