Author Topic: Senior Staff Leaving Struggling Beto O’Rourke Campaign  (Read 812 times)

Online mountaineer

Senior Staff Leaving Struggling Beto O’Rourke Campaign
High-level advisors are departing the Beto O’Rourke campaign.
Published 21 hours ago on Apr 20, 2019
By Richard Moorhead
As the Beto O’Rourke campaign struggles to gain momentum in the crowded Democratic presidential primary, two top campaign staffers have left the operation.

Becky Bond, one of O’Rourke’s top advisors from the 2018 Texas Senate campaign that put the El Paso Democrat on the map, has departed from her role within the presidential campaign. Her deputy, Zach Malitz, also departed. The two Democratic campaign professionals had previously worked on Bernie Sanders’ 2016 campaign.

O’Rourke is increasingly struggling to stand out in a crowded primary, and facing accusations of lacking bona fide policy proposals. Many within O’Rourke’s lane of the Democratic Party are instead following South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who appears to be utilizing much of the same campaign tactics Beto did in 2018 in a more effective manner.  ...

O’Rourke’s also been slammed by progressive Democrats for falsely describing his campaign funding. He was forced to return a small donation from a Chevron lobbyist after incorrectly claiming that his campaign wasn’t accepting any contributions from lobbyists or PAC’s.

To those who watched O’Rourke’s strongly competitive 2018 campaign for the U.S Senate in Texas, it would some as a surprise to watch the meteoric Democrat’s presidential campaign crash and burn. But O’Rourke is lingering in a mediocre place in the national polls, and he’s failed to attract mass support in a manner that would enable him to seriously challenge Democratic heavyweights such as Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders for the nomination.  ...
More

Robby, we hardly knew ye!

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Senior Staff Leaving Struggling Beto O’Rourke Campaign
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 08:59:03 pm »
I did not think he would make Iowa, but to see his campaign crash and burn this soon....ouch!

But hey, he could not beat Lying Ted, so who was he fooling in the first place other than himself?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 10:36:13 pm »
Here's another source for this story:
Key aides leave O'Rourke's campaign: report
By Michael Burke - 04/21/19 11:45 AM EDT
The Hill

Two aides to former Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D-Texas) have reportedly departed his 2020 presidential campaign, an O'Rourke spokesperson told BuzzFeed News on Saturday.

Becky Bond, a top adviser to O'Rourke, and her deputy Zack Malitz have both left the campaign. The two worked on O'Rourke's competitive 2018 Texas Senate bid against Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas).

Chris Evans, the spokesperson for O'Rourke, said Bond and Malitz were staffers on a "temporary" basis and didn't respond to questions about the reasons they left the campaign, BuzzFeed News reported.

Bond told BuzzFeed News in a statement that it was “time for us to move on to other challenges.” ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 11:08:04 pm »
I did not think he would make Iowa, but to see his campaign crash and burn this soon....ouch!

But hey, he could not beat Lying Ted, so who was he fooling in the first place other than himself?

@jafo2010

You have a better chance of proving Trump colluded with the Russians than you do proving Ted Cruz lied.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 11:27:22 pm »
Beto is too flaky and empty suit for even Democrats.
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 11:39:46 pm »
Buttigieg became the left's new darling, I know there was an article on that.  Buttigieg essentially stole Beto's thunder. We will see.

Candidates momentum really can stop on a dime. Like Scott Walker back in 2016.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 12:18:52 am »
Robert Francis no longer the flavor of the week. Good. Skateboarding and murder fantasies just didn't cut it.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 02:07:05 am »
Sounds like someone's been trumping his contractors.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 02:10:36 am »
Robert Francis no longer the flavor of the week. Good. Skateboarding and murder fantasies just didn't cut it.

Looks like Beto has the wrong sexual orientation.

Online berdie

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 10:19:19 pm »

If this Pete guy doesn't do anymore than knock Beto off the map...he'll make me a happy camper!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 12:01:16 am »
From what I understand, this is the honest-to-gosh truth, Beto's rally in Virginia got trolled by a Michael Moore impostor. This rally in this video doesn't look to shabby really. I heard about this and had to look it up. I guess, it was a big joke or something or I would have posted as a real story. Beto has that voice, it sounds like he's gone a little horse. He may have peaked too early accoding to that publication "The Week". Never liked that magazine much but they might have a decent article from time to time.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Article on this: https://thelibertarianrepublic.com/michael-moore-crashes-beto-rally-crowd-turns-on-moore-comedy/

The so-called fake Michael Moore though, a trouble maker I'd even say...I don't care what candidate you are trolling.

This is comedy but apparently, it really happened.

This rally must have just happened and again, not a bad crowd. I don't know much about this website. I think I've read it previously.

The Moore impostor is being a real pillock, his act is pretty stupid. I don't mind taking gosh-honest trolling at these guys but the spiel is pretty stupid.

So, I watch it at youtube too, this is from the Daily Caller??? Seems like it

« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 12:25:10 am by TomSea »