Author Topic: Easter bombings of Sri Lanka Churches and Hotels (Breaking News) - Updates-  (Read 3007 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This hit the wires late last night or so. There was some intelligence.

I didn't post it here, not sure if anyone mentioned it but I believe there was serious strife with the Muslims in Sri Lanka against the majority Buddhists.

Were intel warnings "ignored" ahead of Sri Lanka terror attack?

Colombo, Sri Lanka -- Sri Lankan officials failed to heed warnings from intelligence agencies about the threat of an attack by a domestic radical Muslim group that officials blame for Easter Sunday bombings that killed more than 200 people, the country's health minister said Monday. The coordinated bombings that ripped through churches and luxury hotels were carried out by seven suicide bombers from a militant group named National Thowfeek Jamaath, Health Minister Rajitha Senaratne said.

International intelligence agencies warned of the attacks several times starting April 4, Senaratne said. On April 9, the defense ministry wrote to the police chief with intelligence that included the group's name, he said.

Police chief Pujuth Jayasundara issued an intelligence alert to top officers on April 11, according to French news agency AFP, warning that suicide bombers from a radical Muslim group were planning to attack "prominent churches." 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sri-lanka-bombings-intelligence-warnings-terror-attacks-ignored/

Also, aside from the Billionaire's children, an American from Denver is missing.

American on work trip, billionaire's kids die in Sri Lanka attack
Colleagues of Dieter Kowalski, 40, were urged to "remember his love of life and his love of solving people’s problems."
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/american-dieter-kowalski-unaccounted-after-sri-lanka-attack-n996906

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Hillary after Christchurch:
My heart breaks for New Zealand & the global Muslim community. We must continue to fight the perpetuation and normalization of Islamophobia and racism in all its forms
 White supremacist terrorists must be condemned by leaders everywhere. Their murderous hatred must be stopped.

Hillary after Sri Lanka?
My heart breaks for Sri Lanka & the global Christian community. We must continue to fight the perpetuation and normalization of Christophobia and racism in all its forms
 Islamic supremacist terrorists must be condemned by leaders everywhere. Their murderous hatred must be stopped.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
All of the bigwig dems used the same terminology. Quelle coinkydink.

It is amazing.

Offline TomSea

News Flash twitter reporting:

News flash
‏ @BRNewsFlash
32m32 minutes ago

#BREAKING: first pictures of the man responsible for the #SriLanka terror attacks that killed 290 people and injured hundreds.

https://twitter.com/BRNewsFlash/status/1120368267447631872

More at link.

Really, about what we would expect.

Another bomb was in a van, I had not seen this, one can see the explosion which thankfully, killed no one at a video here. The bomb went off today it sounds like, 6 or a few hours ago.  Nobody was near it, no injuries. It was sequestered off apparently.  At least, that seems to be the reporting.

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1120296231840952320
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 05:25:42 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Matt Walsh
‏Verified account @MattWalshBlog
3h3 hours ago

Matt Walsh Retweeted Hillary Clinton

Hillary after New Zealand attack: My heart breaks for the Muslim community.

Hillary after Orlando attack: I am an ally of the LGBT community.

Hillary after Sri Lanka: Praying for Easter worshippers and tourists.

Are we really supposed to believe that this isn't intentional?

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1120351174207655938

Offline TomSea

Newt Gingrich
‏Verified account @newtgingrich

How do President Obama and Secretary Clinton both come up with Easter worshippers in their tweets about the murders in Sri Lanka? To have both of them use the same term the same day is strange. Is Easter Worshipper the left’s new way to avoid the word Christian? Pathetic.

https://twitter.com/newtgingrich/status/1120324159110729734

Yup, had to look it up:

Barack Obama
‏Verified account @BarackObama
Apr 21

The attacks on tourists and Easter worshippers in Sri Lanka are an attack on humanity. On a day devoted to love, redemption, and renewal, we pray for the victims and stand with the people of Sri Lanka.
23,140 replies 91,217 retweets 495,123 likes

https://twitter.com/barackobama

And just read the thread in editorials, I should have seen it earlier. It mentions Obama.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,359222.0.html

« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 06:29:09 pm by TomSea »

Offline dfwgator

Yup, had to look it up:

I'm just surprised Obama and Hillary didn't throw in..."....and ORANGE MAN BAD!"  after that.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
They say 'Easter Worshippers' for only one reason.
They can never bring themselves to say 'Christians' in the sense of being a victim.
They would spontaneously combust if they ever did.

To the Leftists, 'Christians' can never be victims of anything that happens to them.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 06:47:38 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

Offline NavyCanDo

After the New Zealand attack Christians and secular alike flocked to the nearest mosck with condolences, well wishes, signs of unity and hope, hugs and flowers,. Anything to send the message that we stand in unity against this kind of hatred. Where are the non Christians?  Have any been spotted flocking to a church or parish?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline TomSea

Sri Lanka bomb attacks were revenge for N.Zealand mosque killings: minister

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Sri Lanka’s Easter Sunday bomb attacks were retaliation for a recent attack on mosques in New Zealand, a Sri Lankan official said on Tuesday, adding that two domestic Islamist groups were believed to be responsible.

“The initial investigation has revealed that this was in retaliation for the New Zealand mosque attack,” junior minister for defense Ruwan Wijewardene told parliament.

More: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sri-lanka-blasts-minister/sri-lanka-bomb-attacks-were-revenge-for-n-zealand-mosque-killings-minister-idUSKCN1RZ0QO

Sri Lanka Was Warned of Possible Attacks. Why Didn’t It Stop Them?

By Jeffrey Gettleman, Mujib Mashal and Dharisha Bastians

April 22, 2019

COLOMBO, Sri Lanka — The confidential security memo laid it all out: names, addresses, phone numbers, even the times in the middle of the night that one suspect would visit his wife.

In the days leading up to the devastating suicide bombings that killed at least 310 people in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday, the country’s security agencies had been closely watching a secretive cell of the National Thowheeth Jama’ath, a little-known radical Islamist organization that security officials in Sri Lanka now say carried out the attacks and may have received help from abroad.

They knew the group was dangerous. They had collected intelligence on the whereabouts of its leaders in the April 11 security memo, which warned of Catholic church bombings. They had been warned even earlier by India that the group, also known by the spelling National Thowheed Jama’ath, was plotting church attacks. They knew as far back as January that radical Islamists possibly tied to the group had stockpiled weapons and detonators.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/22/world/asia/ntj-warning-sri-lanka-government.html

Huge, huge death toll in this attack, also per the first story, I'm not sure what to think.

These terrrorist groups per the 2nd story, had the wherewithal to do this, they had the gear to do this.

Many Christians in Nigeria and other places in the world, apparently are killed every month.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 10:28:19 am by TomSea »

Offline verga

They say 'Easter Worshippers' for only one reason.
They can never bring themselves to say 'Christians' in the sense of being a victim.
They would spontaneously combust if they ever did.
Word for word, exactly what I was thinking.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mountaineer

Sri Lanka bomb attacks were revenge for N.Zealand mosque killings: minister

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Sri Lanka’s Easter Sunday bomb attacks were retaliation for a recent attack on mosques in New Zealand, a Sri Lankan official said on Tuesday, adding that two domestic Islamist groups were believed to be responsible.

“The initial investigation has revealed that this was in retaliation for the New Zealand mosque attack,” junior minister for defense Ruwan Wijewardene told parliament.
That's just how stupid these Islamonutz are, retaliating against people who had nothing to do with NZ. Hey, now let's retaliate against the Muslims for the Sri Lanka attacks by attacking a Buddhist temple! Or a Dunkin Donuts, or something else completely irrelevant.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That's just how stupid these Islamonutz are, retaliating against people who had nothing to do with NZ. Hey, now let's retaliate against the Muslims for the Sri Lanka attacks by attacking a Buddhist temple! Or a Dunkin Donuts, or something else completely irrelevant.

And, of course that is how terrorism works.  You never know who the next target will be.  It worked for Muhammad, and it's working for modern-day muslims.

Offline TomSea

So, for whatever it is worth, ISIS is taking credit... I saw a picture of the head honcho of the group with an ISIS flag... and then, this:

Islamic State publishes photo it says shows the 8 Sri Lanka bombers

The Islamic State terror group published a photo said to show the eight bombers who carried out Easter Sunday’s attacks in Sri Lanka.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog-april-23-2019/

Scroll down to find article.

To me, it sure seems like they had intelligence to beware of these terrorists, if I were over there...I mean, besides being upset about an act of terror, I am here ... but I'd be very much trying to get to whether this could have been avoided. Maybe Sri Lanka has not had many terror attacks so they were not that concerned, I don't know.

Offline skeeter

After the New Zealand attack Christians and secular alike flocked to the nearest mosck with condolences, well wishes, signs of unity and hope, hugs and flowers,. Anything to send the message that we stand in unity against this kind of hatred. Where are the non Christians?  Have any been spotted flocking to a church or parish?

Such gestures are so much insincere and empty posturing - 'see how much I care'.

'For Christians, meh.'

Online mountaineer

Sri Lanka attacks planned, orchestrated by single ‘family cell’: report
By Lee Brown
April 23, 2019 | 5:12pm

Two brothers were both suicide bombers in the Sri Lanka massacre — and one of their wives later blew up herself and their two children during a police raid, according to a report.

The unnamed brothers, both in their 20s and sons of a wealthy local spice trader, hit two of three luxury hotels during the devastation that left at least 321 dead, officers told Agence France-Presse (AFP).

They separately checked into the Cinnamon Grand hotel and the Shangri-La on Saturday — setting off explosives-laden backpacks at virtually the same time the next morning, the report claims.  ...  More at New York Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sri Lanka attacks planned, orchestrated by single ‘family cell’: report
By Lee Brown
April 23, 2019 | 5:12pm

Two brothers were both suicide bombers in the Sri Lanka massacre — and one of their wives later blew up herself and their two children during a police raid, according to a report.

The unnamed brothers, both in their 20s and sons of a wealthy local spice trader, hit two of three luxury hotels during the devastation that left at least 321 dead, officers told Agence France-Presse (AFP).

They separately checked into the Cinnamon Grand hotel and the Shangri-La on Saturday — setting off explosives-laden backpacks at virtually the same time the next morning, the report claims.  ...  More at New York Post
Well, if that is the case, hunt down them and their relatives and execute them all. Purge the planet of their bloodlines for all time.
Make an example of them, Vlad Tepes style.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

One of the suicide bombings happened in a buffet line at one of the hotels... can you imagine??

Death toll is at 359....

Offline TomSea

Sri Lanka attacks: Government admits 'major intelligence lapse'

Sri Lanka has admitted a "major intelligence lapse" before the Easter Sunday bomb attacks which killed 359 people and wounded more than 500.

An Indian intelligence warning from the beginning of the month about planned attacks was not properly shared by the authorities, parliament heard.

President Maithripala Sirisena has moved to sack the defence secretary and inspector general of police.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-48044636

I think a whole lot of people in the departments under fire quit as well.

Offline TomSea

One of the suicide bombings happened in a buffet line at one of the hotels... can you imagine??

Death toll is at 359....

Sri Lanka attack death toll between 250-260, not 359: officials
https://in.reuters.com/article/sri-lanka-blasts-casualties/sri-lanka-attack-death-toll-around-250-260-not-359-health-official-idINKCN1S127I

Other news, police are on the watch in Sri Lanka for postential "sucide bombers".
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/25/world/asia/sri-lanka-bombings-threats.html

Also, more news is that some Muslims have fled their communities in Sri Lanka, people are upset, it's not hard to see.
"... In hiding" - The Guardian.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/apr/25/muslims-flee-town-in-sri-lanka-as-tensions-rise-after-bombings

Lots of news, at least, the death toll has been scaled down.

US advises to not go unless it is truly "essential travel", check the news.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 05:44:08 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

BREAKING: LIVE: Reports of 5 to 11 terrorists opening fire at security forces in Kalmunai, Sri Lanka. Also reports of explosions.

8:25 AM - 26 Apr 2019

https://twitter.com/BreakingNLive/status/1121797575470800897

Also:
Sri Lanka police hunt 140 after Easter bombings as shooting erupts in east
April 26, 2019

By Sanjeev Miglani and Ranga Sirilal

COLOMBO (Reuters) – Sri Lankan police are trying to track down 140 people believed linked to Islamic State, which claimed responsibility for the Easter Sunday suicide bombings that killed 253, as shooting erupted in the east during a raid.

Muslims in Sri Lanka were urged to pray at home after the State Intelligence Services warned of possible car bomb attacks, amid fears of retaliatory violence.

And the U.S. Embassy in Sri Lanka urged its citizens to avoid places of worship over the weekend after authorities reported there could be more attacks targeting religious centers.

https://www.oann.com/sri-lankans-urged-to-avoid-mosques-churches-amid-fears-of-more-attacks/

That's amazing that the BNL twitter story says gunfights are happening right now... at least, this morning.

Offline TomSea

Setting topic non-sticky as these threads have not been posted to in over a week. Feel free to revive at anytime.  Plenty is still going on in Sri Lanka, we can have stand-alone articles as well.