Author Topic: House Republicans leave border tour shocked to learn immigrant children being recycled by smugglers  (Read 666 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
House Republicans leave border tour shocked to learn immigrant children being recycled by smugglers
by Anna Giaritelli
 | April 19, 2019 08:54 PM

YUMA, Ariz. — Congressional Republicans who toured part of the southern border this week saw firsthand the number of families and children arriving.

But the House lawmakers were shocked at the idea that smugglers recycle children across the border.
“I think the entire delegation was shocked,” said Luke Ball, press secretary for Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla.

The Washington Examiner was riding along with Reps. John Joyce of Pennsylvania, Pete Stauber of Minnesota, Dusty Johnson of South Dakota, Andy Biggs of Arizona, and Gaetz Tuesday night when officials leading the tour pointed to a group of more than 40 people who had just crossed through the Colorado River south of the Morelos Dam and surrendered to Border Patrol agents less than a quarter-mile into the U.S.
“Right now, they’re getting their biographical information: name, first name, last name, date of birth, nationality. Right now, they may ask them where they’re going — how many people, if it was a family unit, were they by themselves, were they minors?” an agent, who spoke on background, told the group of lawmakers.
“Every one has a kid, at least one. Every one has a kid,” one congressman reacted at the scene...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house-republicans-leave-border-tour-shocked-to-learn-immigrant-children-being-recycled-by-smugglers

This isn't new.  Kirstjen Nielson had reported this before.  This shouldn't be happening when they already have knowledge of it.  And I would say if they think that taking finger prints of children is worse than allowing human trafficking of children then law is upside down. 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 06:04:22 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Absalom

The D party may have more frauds, hustlers and corruption;
although it's a close call.
But the R's win hands down when it comes to ignorance,
stupidity and plain assholery.
So they're shocked children are being recycled??? SHOCKED!
Bet they also think these caravans of trash are spontaneous
rather than rigorously organized???
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 07:52:09 pm by Absalom »

Offline dfwgator

Republicans are so useless.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Republicans are so useless.

Yes, reading stories like this it makes a person wonder why can't our government stop this?  Useless is right.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
They are intimidated. They don't want to be accused of being racist. Say what one will about Ryan or Boehner, the last speakers of the house, they were NOT good by any stretch but the Republican majority seemed to have some stones.

Offline dancer

They recycle children at the Welfare office, too. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The only shocking thing is that the Congress Critters are just now discovering for themselves what we've been hearing about for years.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Chosen Daughter

The only shocking thing is that the Congress Critters are just now discovering for themselves what we've been hearing about for years.

That is shocking.  They know.

Offline dfwgator

They are intimidated. They don't want to be accused of being racist. Say what one will about Ryan or Boehner, the last speakers of the house, they were NOT good by any stretch but the Republican majority seemed to have some stones.

Cheap Labor Ãœber Alles!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
But telling them that they are trafficking children through your back yard is just "anecdotal" and not real evidence if you don't have a PhD in demographic studies and publications to your credit in the peer review journals in your field....so, oops, not credible, circular file.

I have seen it before in other topics.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis