Author Topic: Would Margaret Thatcher back Nigel Farage's Brexit Party INSTEAD of today's Conservatives?  (Read 347 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt, the reference was to a speech he made in 2013 which has just been rediscovered:

Would Margaret Thatcher back Nigel Farage's Brexit Party INSTEAD of today's Conservatives?
Martina Bet
NIGEL FARAGE claimed that a young Margaret Thatcher would have joined Ukip instead of the Conservatives if she was faced with the choice in 2013 – but, in light of recent events, would the Iron Lady support the new Brexit party instead?

PUBLISHED: 11:31, Tue, Apr 16, 2019

During a talk at Westminster Mr Farage, who at the time was Ukip leader, described his party as the true inheritors of Lady Thatcher's policy on Europe.

He said: "I can't believe that a young Margaret Thatcher leaving Oxford today would join the Conservative Party led by David Cameron.

“I think she would get involved in Ukip, and no doubt topple me within 12 months or so."

Read more at: https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1114910/brexit-news-nigel-farage-brexit-party-european-elections-margaret-thatcher-spt

See end of article, it sounds like Thatcher definitely would support Brexit!

« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 04:07:41 am by TomSea »