Author Topic: Huckabee blasts Romney: 'Makes me sick' that you could have been president  (Read 739 times)

Offline mrclose

Mitt Romney is more critical, and more often, of Trump than he ever was of Obama.

Huckabee said exactly what had to be said, calling Romney out on his treachery, arrogance and dishonesty.

======================

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) blasted Sen. Mitt Romney on Friday after the Utah Republican said he was "sickened" by President Trump's actions in the Mueller report.

"Know what makes me  sick, Mitt? Not how disingenuous you were to take @realDonaldTrump $$  and then 4 yrs later jealously trash him & then love him again when  you begged to be Sec of State, but makes me sick that you got GOP  nomination and could have been @POTUS," Huckabee tweeted.

Huckabee, an ally of Trump who is also the father of White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, pushed back hours after the Utah senator blasted the "dishonesty and misdirection" described in special counsel Robert Mueller's report.

"I am sickened at the extent  and pervasiveness of dishonesty and misdirection by individuals in the  highest office of the land, including the President," Romney said in a  statement posted to Twitter.

"I am appalled that, among  other things, fellow citizens working in a campaign for president  welcomed help from Russia — including information that had been  illegally obtained; that none of them acted to inform American law  enforcement," he wrote.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/439809-mike-huckabee-blasts-mitt-romney-it-makes-me-sick-that-you-could-have-been

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Huckabee is certainly correct.. and Huckebee ran against him.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Can we be completely honest here for a moment?

We all know, each and every one of us, that the only reason Mike Huckabee is this far up Donald Trump's backside is because Trump gave Sarah Sanders a job. It is cronyism, nothing more, nothing less.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

We all know, each and every one of us, that the only reason Mike Huckabee is this far up Donald Trump's backside is because Trump gave Sarah Sanders a job. It is cronyism, nothing more, nothing less.

No way Jose, Huckabee became a big early supporter of Trump, just like Jeff Sessions.

Okay,  July, 2016....still illustrates the point somewhat.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/07/mike-huckabee-donald-trump-2016-convention-if-you-cant-support-trump-you-dont-deserve-a-microphone-214031

It's more like Sarah got the job because of Mike, Evangelical payback.

I thought she was stepping down. I missed her changing her decision or I am just wrong about the story.

Obviously, I'm glad she has stayed on, she is a great asset not just to the Trump admin but to the nation. Speaking of great women, Nikki Haley is currently making, at least some speeches on tour. She's going to appear at some event in a few weeks I heard about so she is probably doing this in a lot of places. Big speaking fees?  I have no idea. This affair coming up doesn't seem like a really big deal.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 02:30:16 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

BTW, I'm not a Mitt hater... he seems able to make organizations run, the Salt Lake Olympics and back in 2008 NOT 2012, his campaign spiel might not have been too bad.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Stop trying to bring Donald Trump into every GD thread.

He's pissed off at Romney for the same GD reason you should be.

Show me a GD Democrat who pulls this crap?

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Stop trying to bring Donald Trump into every GD thread.
First off, I just went over my last 100 posts or so... I have mentioned or alluded to Trump in about 10% of them, and almost all of those have been in defense of him.

Second, Romney brought Trump into this and Huckabee made it personal, with talking points right out of the Trump campaign playbook. I didn't have to drag Trump into this because he was already there.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Absalom

----------------------------------
Sure we can and while we're examining kiesters, let's assess this.
In 1964, Barry Goldwater, a principled conservative, was the R nominee
but establishment Gov's; Rockefeller (NY), Scranton(Pa), Cahill (NJ)
and Romney(Michigan); aggressively funded a media campaign against
him, guaranteeing Lyndon Johnston his landslide victory as well as control
of the House and Senate, which brought about the Great Society Agenda
as well as the Viet-Nam War; both of which still resonate to this very day.
Doofus Willard, the spawn of Georgie, is more of the same; an unprincipled
and sanctimonious lefty hustler who has achieved squat. Pass it on!!!!!

« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 07:30:50 pm by Absalom »

Offline dfwgator

Mitt Romney - Still not The President

Online Slide Rule

Mitt Romney - Still not The President

Romney, Still not the President?

There is a term to describe Romney.

No. Not that vulgar one.

Romney is a Never Was Er.

That was his high point.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote