Author Topic: Terms of Impeachment: Media Mention The I-Word 309 Times in One Day  (Read 395 times)

rangerrebew

Terms of Impeachment: Media Mention The I-Word 309 Times in One Day
By Bill D'Agostino | April 19, 2019 11:09 AM EDT

Although the Mueller report did not recommend any charges against the President, liberal journalists on cable and broadcast networks spent Thursday suggesting to audiences that impeachment was imminent, if not inevitable. Throughout Thursday afternoon and Friday morning, liberal talking heads on cable and broadcast news networks mentioned impeachment an astonishing 309 times during their coverage the of the newly-released Mueller report.

MRC analysts examined a 24-hour span of coverage on liberal cable (CNN, MSNBC) and broadcast (ABC, CBS, NBC) networks, from 11:00 a.m. EDT on Thursday to the same time the following day, for every instance where the term “impeachment” — or some permutation thereof — was used by hosts, analysts, or contributors. In total, the term came up 309 times, with the vast majority (286) coming from liberal cable networks (CNN: 148, MSNBC: 138).

Those numbers did not include cases in which the term was uttered by politicians or other explicitly partisan actors, such as Trump attorney Jay Sekulow.

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/bill-dagostino/2019/04/19/terms-impeachment-media-mention-i-word-309-times-one-day

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Terms of Impeachment: Media Mention The I-Word 309 Times in One Day
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 10:38:56 pm »
"Impeachment" mentioned 309 times in one day?

I didn't hear it once.

But... that's because I NEVER put on "the mainstream media".