Author Topic: Rashida Tlaib Calls for Hunger Strikes to ‘Shut Down ICE’  (Read 438 times)

rangerrebew

Rashida Tlaib Calls for Hunger Strikes to ‘Shut Down ICE’
Posted By Brent Scher On April 18, 2019 @ 5:00 am In Politics | No Comments

Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D., Mich.) urged her supporters to join her in a hunger strike to push for action to "shut down" U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), arguing the radical push to abolish ICE can't be achieved by Congress.

Tlaib, headlining a Detroit fundraiser this past weekend for the Michigan Coalition for Human Rights, complained of colleagues who are constantly "policing" what she says and lack willingness to embrace bold stands such as abolishing ICE. She called on her activist audience to join her in a hunger strike at the border.

URL to article: https://freebeacon.com/politics/rashida-tlaib-calls-for-hunger-strikes-to-shut-down-ice/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You go first, Ms. Tlaib.

Online libertybele

I think that they should also hold their breath while waiting for ICE to shut down.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Works for me!

You keep going,gurl! You and your allies should starve yourselves until you make a Somalian refugee look fat,and then keep it up for another month or two.

Just think of the impact you can make if you starve yourselves to death!!!!!

I say,"GO FOR IT!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online rustynail

Not fair.  She has about fifty pounds to spare.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I never understand why a hunger strike would work.  You can't force a person to eat.  That is their own decision.  If they don't care about themselves why should we?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Millee

In a Thursday email, Tlaib's communications director Denzel McCampbell said Tlaib was not actually calling for a hunger strike, but rather stating that "she knows of folks who have done" them.

So she's asking her supporters to go hungry, but not her, perish the thought.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online dfwgator

Go For It!

But somehow I don't think these people will have Bobby Sands' level of commitment to the cause.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This is hilarious. Good Grief Democrats are idiots and fools!
You only go on a hunger strike when there is someone who is providing you food and is somehow responsible for your safety and welfare, like a jail or prison for example.

Random anonymous people going on strike when nobody other than themselves is involved is beyond ridiculous.
Why would anyone go on a hunger strike when they are the only ones who know they are doing it? LOL that's nuts!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Rashida Tlaib Calls for Hunger Strikes to ‘Shut Down ICE’"

Betcha SHE won't be the one to stop eating!

By the way, I think it's a great idea. The more muzzies and democrat-communist fellow travelers that starve themselves, the better.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Rashida Tlaib Calls for Hunger Strikes to ‘Shut Down ICE’
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2019, 08:26:26 am »
A hunger strike makes a more interesting headline than the original "Vow of Silence" nobody is talking about. 888mouth

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Rashida Tlaib Calls for Hunger Strikes to ‘Shut Down ICE’
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2019, 08:39:38 am »
Word has it that Michael Moore and Rosie O'Donnell have been enlisted, and starvation date is approaching infinity.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.