Author Topic: Steve Bannon knew of Jeff Sessions recusal before attorney general nomination  (Read 798 times)

Online corbe

Steve Bannon knew of Jeff Sessions recusal before attorney general nomination
by Joel Gehrke
April 18, 2019 04:29 PM

Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ recusal from the Russia investigation was “not a surprise” to White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, according to special counsel Robert Mueller.

Trump “expressed anger” about Sessions’ decision in March of 2017, the day after the former Alabama lawmaker announced that he would not oversee any federal investigations into the 2016 campaign due to his role as an adviser during the election. His recusal left Trump feeling vulnerable, but Bannon defended the decision.

“Bannon recalled telling the President that Sessions's recusal was not a surprise and that before the inauguration they had discussed that Sessions would have to recuse from campaign-related investigations because of his work on the Trump Campaign,” the report said.

Trump fumed at Sessions publicly for months. "Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else,” he told the New York Times in July of 2017.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/steve-bannon-knew-of-jeff-sessions-recusal-before-attorney-general-nomination
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Well what do ya know... Jeff was honest before, during, and after.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Absalom

It is imperative that any Leader be able to discern character
in subordinates and this tale is a case in point.
If Trump understood this truism, he would never have
appointed either of these buffoons.
Consider: w/o Sessions, we avoid Comey, Mueller and the
rest of that corrupt posse.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Consider: w/o Sessions, we avoid Comey, Mueller and the
rest of that corrupt posse.

No, we don’t. Comey was walking a thin line, anyway. The counter intelligence investigation had started in the summer of 2016. His actions during the campaign would have had him on the hot seat, if Clinton had won. Giuliani was the original choice for AG and he said he probably would have considered recusing, himself.  So, assuming that Rosenstein would still be the DAG, we are back at square one.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Absalom

No, we don’t. Comey was walking a thin line, anyway. The counter intelligence investigation had started in the summer of 2016. His actions during the campaign would have had him on the hot seat, if Clinton had won. Giuliani was the original choice for AG and he said he probably would have considered recusing, himself.  So, assuming that Rosenstein would still be the DAG, we are back at square one.
--------------------------
We are entitled to our opinions but an opinion is emphatically NOT a fact!
So if Sessions was never AG, events would have unfolded just they did???
Obviously some believe that changing individuals has no impact on outcomes.
Then why do corporations replace executives and football teams substitute players???
Hilarious and utter nonsense!!!

« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 02:03:44 am by Absalom »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
We are entitled to our opinions but an opinion is emphatically NOT a fact!

Except, when it is yours, apparently.     *****rollingeyes*****

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
@Sighlass

Have you ever run into Jeff Sessions or any of the other Alabama politicians we hear about besides Roy Moore?

Been years, but yes, I have shook Jeff's hand a time or two (he seems so tiny in person)... Mostly local GOP meetings (Breakfast speakers for local club)... I don't belong to the local GOP group, but they welcome all who come to meet candidates. The president of our local Republican club and I are friends (he is a nice fellow). The older I get the less outgoing I become though. Brother and Sister do more political things than I do now days... couple of my kids are political in nature also.

Edit: Opps forgot the ping back at ya. .... @TomSea
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 03:59:38 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....