Author Topic: Trump: 'I could have fired everyone' on Mueller team if I wanted to  (Read 422 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: 'I could have fired everyone' on Mueller team if I wanted to
By Brett Samuels - 04/18/19 05:52 PM EDT

President Trump on Thursday pushed back against questions about whether he may have obstructed the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, asserting that he could have "fired everyone," including special counsel Robert Mueller, if he had so chosen.

Trump quoted Fox News host Jesse Watters, who said on "The Five" that Trump "was being framed" and "fought back."

"I had the right to end the whole Witch Hunt if I wanted," the president tweeted. "I could have fired everyone, including Mueller, if I wanted. I chose not to. I had the RIGHT to use Executive Privilege. I didn’t!"

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/439637-trump-pushes-back-on-obstruction-findings-i-could-have-fired-everyone
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Trump: 'I could have fired everyone' on Mueller team if I wanted to
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 02:02:12 am »
Then why complain?  You got what you wanted.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 04:16:26 am »
Trump decided not to spark a Constitutional crisis.   How big of him.  Seriously,  it's what the Dems want.   

But maybe he should have sparked it.   The attacks on Trump's legitimacy have taken place while the economy has flourished.   It is political theater,  and Trump will both take the bait and cast it out.

I want to see the courts decide this.   There are important principles at stake,  not least of which is the overthrow of the people's decision about who they chose to be President.   This is usurpation,  this is a coup.   I demand to know if this effin' crap is Constitutional.   

Resist.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 04:19:57 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 04:59:16 am »
Nothing for the courts to decide.  Not their place, not their doughnut.  Seriously, this country needs more lawyers about as much as it needs more a-holes, but then I repeat myself.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.