Author Topic: Mueller report shows probe did not find collusion evidence, reveals Trump efforts to sideline key pl  (Read 553 times)

Offline libertybele

Lot's to think about on this.  Some might say that Trump's reactions and comments are troubling.  The DEMS are never going to let this go.  Never.

Mueller report shows probe did not find collusion evidence, reveals Trump efforts to sideline key players

............President Trump allegedly telling his White House counsel in June 2017 to inform the acting attorney general that Mueller had conflicts of interest and "must be removed." The report said Trump also fumed over the original appointment -- lamenting it would mean the "end of my presidency" -- first telling then-DOJ leader Jeff Sessions he should resign, and later trying to get Session to take back control of the probe.

Mueller ultimately did not reach a conclusion on whether the president's conduct amounted to obstruction, stating: "[W]hile this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him."

But even though Barr's DOJ determined they did not have evidence to pursue such a case, the details in the report only fueled Democrats' mounting calls to not only see the unredacted report but have Mueller testify.

"This is exactly why we need to hear directly from Special Counsel Mueller and receive the full, unredacted report with the underlying evidence," House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler tweeted, highlighting that section............

...........“While the investigation identified numerous links between individuals with ties to the Russian government and individuals associated with the Trump Campaign, the evidence was not sufficient to support criminal charges. Among other things, the evidence was not sufficient to charge any Campaign official as an unregistered agent of the Russian government or other Russian principal,” the special counsel report stated...........

The report revealed that the president reacted to the news a special counsel had been appointed by telling his advisers that it was “the end of my presidency. I'm f---ed,” and demanding that Sessions resign. Once Sessions submitted his resignation, the president did not accept it.

.........“They assumed all along that there was going to be a finding of no collusion, so the rebuttal is about obstruction,” a source close to Trump’s legal team told Fox News. “They are preparing a rebuttal to presumed allegations which will be refuted.”..........

Mueller’s team also said that, while they believed they had the “authority and legal justification” to do so, they decided not to issue a grand jury subpoena to obtain the president’s testimony.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/justice-department-releases-redacted-version-of-special-counsels-russia-probe-report
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Pelosi, Chuckie, Schiff ... they will see this as condemnation.  Perhaps impeachment to follow?

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Sounds to me like Sessions saved himself AND TRUMP a whole lot of trouble at this time because he wisely would not follow Trump down an abyss ...

Not bad for a dumb Alabama hick who talks funny.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Pelosi, Chuckie, Schiff ... they will see this as condemnation.  Perhaps impeachment to follow?

No perhaps about it. They have a ten point roadmap of BS designed by Wiseman.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline libertybele

No perhaps about it. They have a ten point roadmap of BS designed by Wiseman.

Well, then here it comes.  Impeach him though based on what?  They can't go after him for obstruction, because their guy Mueller stated that it is inconclusive. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

No Collusion!  Trump failed at that too?  I long for the good old days when Presidents knew how to collude.

Offline Hoodat

No Collusion!  Trump failed at that too?  I long for the good old days when Presidents knew how to collude.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

Not bad for a dumb Alabama hick who talks funny.

Hey. It's everybody else that talks funny.
 :beer: :seeya:

Offline dfwgator

Billy and Boris colluded.

Offline dancer

“the end of my presidency. I'm f---ed,”

PDJT was joking when he said that.  This article is bogus.  There was no collusion and no obstruction.  PDJT gave them requested documents and access to all players.  This is just an attempt to take out  the President and they clearly failed.  That won't stop them, though.  They are fighting for their lives.  Have to hold onto their power any way they can.  This coup is a fail. :2popcorn:

Offline libertybele

“the end of my presidency. I'm f---ed,”

PDJT was joking when he said that.  This article is bogus.  There was no collusion and no obstruction.  PDJT gave them requested documents and access to all players.  This is just an attempt to take out  the President and they clearly failed.  That won't stop them, though.  They are fighting for their lives.  Have to hold onto their power any way they can.  This coup is a fail. :2popcorn:

Actually the article isn't bogus, if you read the redacted Mueller report, it is reported as such.  This is a clear example that Trump still hasn't learned to avoid making less than presidential comments. Yes there was no collusion and obstruction is not conclusive. He was not completely absolved.  They have no basis to impeach him, but they can impeach him on what they consider an offense.  It is up to the House to decide what to impeach him on.  They also can call on Mueller and Rosenstein to testify; two people who have decades of experience.

Sure it was/is an attempt to take down this President and I believe it also gave Mueller a chance to bury evidence against the previous administration.

As for the coup, I don't think its over.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 12:10:06 pm by libertybele »