Author Topic: Yemeni Corner Store Owners Are Boycotting the 'New York Post' for Attacks on Rep. Ilhan Omar  (Read 606 times)

rangerrebew

Yemeni Corner Store Owners Are Boycotting the 'New York Post' for Attacks on Rep. Ilhan Omar
By Hannah Lifshutz
Apr 13, 2019

The New York Post has been the subject of extensive criticism in recent days, after the Rupert Murdoch-owned publication ran an offensive cover story targeting Representative Ilhan Omar. Critics have denounced the newspaper's inflammatory coverage as islamophobic and an attempt to delegitimize one of the first Muslim women to be elected to Congress.

On Thursday, the Post published a photo of the Twin Towers, engulfed in flames following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, with the caption, "Rep. Ilhan Omar: 9/11 was 'Some people did something,'" above a subhead that read, "Here's your something ... 2,977 people dead by terrorism." The quote the newspaper was referencing was an isolated excerpt from a speech Rep. Omar gave at a banquet hosted by the Council on American-Islamic Relations last month.

"Far too long we have lived with the discomfort of being a second-class citizen and frankly, I'm tired of it, and every single Muslim in this country should be tired of it," she said. "CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties." According to NPR, CAIR was founded in 1994.

www.complex.com/life/2019/04/yemeni-corner-store-owners-boycotting-new-york-post-attacks-ilhan-omar]https://amp.[url=http://www.complex.com/life/2019/04/yemeni-corner-store-owners-boycotting-new-york-post-attacks-ilhan-omar]www.complex.com/life/2019/04/yemeni-corner-store-owners-boycotting-new-york-post-attacks-ilhan-omar[/url]

Offline skeeter

I really don't give a crap how it sounds, these people do not belong here.

Online mountaineer

Somehow, I think the Post will survive.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
skeeter wrote:
"I really don't give a crap how it sounds, these people do not belong here."

You didn't say anything wrong, and thanks for being brave enough to say it outloud.

I'm going to repeat what I've posted in this forum many times before:
All muslims should be returned from dar al-harb to dar al-islam.
Those who refuse to make the journey peacefully... should be forcibly removed and returned thereto.

Offline goatprairie

Talk about brain dead. It appears the Yemenis in question don't have a problem with some people of their religion being an anti-Semite. Has anybody explained to them that hating Jews is not real popular in NYC?
I haven't read of any individual Muslims or groups of Muslim condemning Omar for her Jew-hating remarks. We can plainly see that when it comes down to the basics, they'll all stick together. 

Offline verga

I really don't give a crap how it sounds, these people do not belong here.
@skeeter I have to disagree with this statement. This is almost exactly what was said to my great grandparents when they came from Sicily and Poland. The dream and ideals of America are open and available to EVERYONE that is willing to assimilate and abide by our laws. We offer opportunities to everyone regardless of race, religion, or country of origin, but and this is a huge but. You need to want to be American, not hyphenated American, but American. 
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter I have to disagree with this statement. This is almost exactly what was said to my great grandparents when they came from Sicily and Poland. The dream and ideals of America are open and available to EVERYONE that is willing to assimilate and abide by our laws. We offer opportunities to everyone regardless of race, religion, or country of origin, but and this is a huge but. You need to want to be American, not hyphenated American, but American.

Everyone - regardless of nationality, color, etc - who's in accord with the ideals of this nation are welcome here.

Observant muslim by definition are not in accord with our ideals. Islam is a theocratic system that is the antithesis of what we hold so precious in this country.

Good grief look around. Wherever they are in numbers death and destruction follows.

Offline verga

Everyone - regardless of nationality, color, etc - who's in accord with the ideals of this nation are welcome here.

Observant muslim by definition are not in accord with our ideals. Islam is a theocratic system that is the antithesis of what we hold so precious in this country.

Good grief look around. Wherever they are in numbers death and destruction follows.
@skeeter Thank you for basically repeating what I said with out reading it. it would have been shorter for you to simply say QFT.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter Thank you for basically repeating what I said with out reading it. it would have been shorter for you to simply say QFT.

What part of 'I have to disagree with that statement' did I misunderstand?

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
skeeter wrote (in reply to verga)
"Everyone - regardless of nationality, color, etc - who's in accord with the ideals of this nation are welcome here.
Observant muslim by definition are not in accord with our ideals. Islam is a theocratic system that is the antithesis of what we hold so precious in this country."

And AGAIN you are dead-on right, skeeter.

islam (you'll notice I never capitalize it out of disgust and disrespect) has NO PLACE in The West, nor in America.

And that applies to its adherents, as well.
I believe that ALL muslims -- even American citizens -- should be offered the choice:
1. Convert to a religion other than islam
or
2. Safe passage OUT OF the United States to the islamic nation of their choice.

I will not change from this position, and I don't care what others think about it.