Author Topic: Architects and historians wonder: Maybe the new Notre Dame should be less “overburdened” with Christ  (Read 355 times)

rangerrebew

Architects and historians wonder: Maybe the new Notre Dame should be less “overburdened” with Christian meaning

AllahpunditPosted at 11:21 am on April 17, 2019

I don’t share Michael Brendan Dougherty’s faith but I do share his impulse in reading this Rolling Stone piece: “I promise right now. If you try to rebuild it as a ‘secular’ Notre Dame, reflecting the political priorities of 2019, I will do my damndest to see that the next fire takes it all down. I won’t come alone.”

Imagine believing that our tawdry, meaningless age might improve upon the grandeur of the old cathedral. And yet:

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/04/17/architects-historians-wonder-maybe-new-notre-dame-less-overburdened-christian-meaning/

rangerrebew

The Pope probably feels the same way.  I imagine he would like fewer references to Christ and Christianity and more Islamic references. :bullie smokin:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
ranger wrote:
"The Pope probably feels the same way.  I imagine he would like fewer references to Christ and Christianity and more Islamic references"

I would prefer to see Notre Dame (and the other great cathedrals) burn to nothing more than ashes and rubble, before it be rebuilt to incorporate "islamic references" or ANYTHING non-Christian.

And yes, I really mean that.