Author Topic: NHL Post Season Thread  (Read 10637 times)

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Re: NHL Post Season Thread
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2019, 02:41:54 pm »
Thanks @TomSea , I was busy yesterday or I would have liked to watch some of the parade.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2019, 02:49:36 pm »
In 1994, the NY Rangers won the Stanley Cup, I use to hear some commercial or something where one of their fans was saying "The Rangers have won the Stanley Cup ( their first since 1940 ) and now,  I can die and leave this world", it was something like that. It seems a similar wait for Blues fans.

But even per the original six, Boston hasn't really won that many, as the same for the Rangers and Blackhawks though, in recent years with Patrick Kane and the other guy, Chicago went on a bit of a tear with the SC winning 3 I believe, 2010, 2013, 2015.

So, it's tough, I'm glad someone new won the Cup.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2019, 05:07:54 pm »
I really want to be glad for the Blues. Really, I do. 52 years without winning a Stanley Cup... that's tough. Plus, I think everyone's tired of Boston winning at this point, and St. Louis lost the NFL not too long ago, so they've been a little down on their luck.

But I'm from Western New York... and now I find out one of their top executives is... Brett Hull. Mr. No Goal, Skate-in-the-Crease Brett Hull.

Ugh. Not making this easy on me, are you, Saint Louie?!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EdJames

« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2019, 10:04:14 pm »
In 1994, the NY Rangers won the Stanley Cup, I use to hear some commercial or something where one of their fans was saying "The Rangers have won the Stanley Cup ( their first since 1940  ) and now,  I can die and leave this world", it was something like that. It seems a similar wait for Blues fans.

But even per the original six, Boston hasn't really won that many, as the same for the Rangers and Blackhawks though, in recent years with Patrick Kane and the other guy, Chicago went on a bit of a tear with the SC winning 3 I believe, 2010, 2013, 2015.

So, it's tough, I'm glad someone new won the Cup.

@TomSea

If you or any one is interested in watching a video that captures the whole "way it happened in the City" for the 1994 Rangers victory, this is a good video:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline EdJames

« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2019, 10:05:50 pm »
I really want to be glad for the Blues. Really, I do. 52 years without winning a Stanley Cup... that's tough. Plus, I think everyone's tired of Boston winning at this point, and St. Louis lost the NFL not too long ago, so they've been a little down on their luck.

But I'm from Western New York... and now I find out one of their top executives is... Brett Hull. Mr. No Goal, Skate-in-the-Crease Brett Hull.

Ugh. Not making this easy on me, are you, Saint Louie?!

Be happy for them!!

1999 was a long time ago!!  lol

Offline TomSea

« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2019, 10:15:54 pm »
Brett Hull was not a Blues player that year but I saw one article where he is considered one of the best Blues players of all time.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2019, 10:26:29 pm »
Brett Hull was not a Blues player that year but I saw one article where he is considered one of the best Blues players of all time.

No, no, he was on the Dallas Stars.

Very controversial goal scored against @jmyrlefuller 's (apparent team) the Sabres....  He beat Hasek in the 3rd overtime of Game Six of the Finals to win the Cup.

(Hull's skate was inside the crease while the puck was outside the crease.)

Offline TomSea

« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2019, 10:41:52 am »
Here we are, October 2nd and the NHL starts tonight already?

HOCKEY IS BACK! The 2019 NHL Faceoff on NBCSN!
🚨

The last two champs meet when the @capitals
 visit the @StLouisBlues

🗓️
TONIGHT
🕗
 8P ET
📺
NBCSN

https://twitter.com/NHLonNBCSports/status/1179244616777977856

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2019, 03:58:11 pm »
In the immortal words of TV Guide, "Good news for fight fans---the NHL is back."

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.