Author Topic: O'Rourke highlights public service in response to criticism of charitable contributions  (Read 195 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
O'Rourke highlights public service in response to criticism of charitable contributions
By Naomi Jagoda - 04/17/19 11:32 AM EDT

Democratic presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke on Tuesday responded to criticism about the relatively small amount of charitable donations reported on his tax returns, saying he contributes by serving in public office.

"I've served in public office since 2005. I do my best to contribute to the success of my community, of my state and now of my country," O'Rourke, a former El Paso city council member who later served as a Texas congressman, said at an event at the University of Virginia.

An attendee asked O'Rourke why he donated less to charity than her sister, a recent college graduate who makes less money than he does.

"There are ways that I do this that are measurable, and there are ways that I do this that are immeasurable. There are charities that we donate to that we've recorded and itemized, others that we donated to that we have not," he responded.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/439299-orourke-responds-to-criticism-of-charitable-contributions
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34