Poll

Guily or what?

Guilty
3 (60%)
Or what?
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: April 22, 2019, 04:04:41 pm

Author Topic: A delivery truck mistakenly brought an 86-inch TV to his house. The cops took him to jail.  (Read 912 times)

Offline corbe

A delivery truck mistakenly brought an 86-inch TV to his house. The cops took him to jail.

By Dugan Arnett

15 hrs ago

A truck pulled up at Nick Memmo’s East Freetown house last month bringing an unexpected delivery — and a dilemma.

Nick Memmo in the living room area of his East Freetown home.© Debee Tlumacki for the Boston Globe

The delivery was a $2,700, 86-inch flat screen TV that Memmo hadn’t ordered. The dilemma? Whether to keep it or send it back.

But who are we kidding?

“It was like winning a scratchers ticket,” said Memmo, a muscly 35-year-old Massachusetts native who runs a construction management company. “I thought it was my turn to luck out on something in life.”

It soon became more complicated than that. In fairly short order, police would surround his house, take him to jail, and slap him with a felony larceny charge. The case has burned up the Internet ever since, a moral Rorschach test of where blame belongs. Even the law seems murky. But Memmo himself is quite certain: He didn’t steal anything.

“It’s not like I ran out of Walmart,” he said. “I didn’t set out looking for this.”

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/a-delivery-truck-mistakenly-brought-an-86-inch-tv-to-his-house-the-cops-took-him-to-jail/ar-BBW0v5r?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yeah, he should have sent it back.  Let the company know you have it and let them figure out if they want it back and if so, they have to put the effort into doing that.

Offline corbe

Court TV on in the background.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Sheesh. People wrongly delivery stuff to my house all the time. one time an exercise bike was on my front step (wrongly delivered).

But yeah, you can't keep it. That was dumb.

And I believe the cops, he probably did ignore calls and stuff.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
This happened to my mother a few years ago. There are two towns next to each other with the same street. She got a fedex package and signed for it. Opened it and saw it was baby clothes, and then realized the name on the package was not hers. She had to call fedex to pick up the package which they did the next day.

While the man might have thought the tv was a gift, he should have called the sender to check. The deliver truck would have come back.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The crime wasn't having the TV delivered, as the headline suggests.  He cheerfully accepted something he know he didn't pay for.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: