Author Topic: Sitting federal judge to Trump: I can compare you to the KKK but you can’t criticize me  (Read 435 times)

Online libertybele

9999hair out0000

Sitting federal judge to Trump: I can compare you to the KKK but you can’t criticize me

Last week, a radical federal judge went on a tirade against President Trump, ironically, criticizing him for criticizing outlandish rulings by federal judges. Carlton Reeves, an Obama-appointed judge in Mississippi, delivered an unprecedented personal attack on the president. Typically they wait until retirement for such tirades, but Reeves, who has been prone to such tirades in his written opinions, let loose on what he called “the great assault on our judiciary.”

His speech delivered last Thursday night at the University of Virginia School of Law, upon receipt of the Thomas Jefferson Foundation Medal in Law, was titled “Defending the Judiciary: A Call for Justice, Truth, and Diversity on the Bench,” according to a copy obtained by Buzzfeed.

“When politicians attack courts as ‘dangerous,’ ‘political,’ and guilty of ‘egregious overreach,’ you can hear the Klan’s lawyers, assailing officers of the court across the South. When leaders chastise people for merely ‘us[ing] the courts,’ you can hear the Citizens Council, hammering up the names of black petitioners in Yazoo City, [Mississippi],” thundered Reeves.

Evidently, he believes that a president who will stand for reelection cannot criticize the decisions of the unelected branch, but he, who will never face voters, can say what he wants. In a further twisted stroke of irony about not criticizing judges, Reeves blasted Trump’s judicial picks for being white and not sufficiently and emphatically declaring their support for judicial precedents he agrees with............

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/sitting-federal-judge-trump-can-compare-kkk-cant-criticize/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
9999hair out0000

Sitting federal judge to Trump: I can compare you to the KKK but you can’t criticize me

Last week, a radical federal judge went on a tirade against President Trump, ironically, criticizing him for criticizing outlandish rulings by federal judges. Carlton Reeves, an Obama-appointed judge in Mississippi, delivered an unprecedented personal attack on the president. Typically they wait until retirement for such tirades, but Reeves, who has been prone to such tirades in his written opinions, let loose on what he called “the great assault on our judiciary.”

His speech delivered last Thursday night at the University of Virginia School of Law, upon receipt of the Thomas Jefferson Foundation Medal in Law, was titled “Defending the Judiciary: A Call for Justice, Truth, and Diversity on the Bench,” according to a copy obtained by Buzzfeed.

“When politicians attack courts as ‘dangerous,’ ‘political,’ and guilty of ‘egregious overreach,’ you can hear the Klan’s lawyers, assailing officers of the court across the South. When leaders chastise people for merely ‘us[ing] the courts,’ you can hear the Citizens Council, hammering up the names of black petitioners in Yazoo City, [Mississippi],” thundered Reeves.

Evidently, he believes that a president who will stand for reelection cannot criticize the decisions of the unelected branch, but he, who will never face voters, can say what he wants. In a further twisted stroke of irony about not criticizing judges, Reeves blasted Trump’s judicial picks for being white and not sufficiently and emphatically declaring their support for judicial precedents he agrees with............

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/sitting-federal-judge-trump-can-compare-kkk-cant-criticize/

Disgraceful, though par for the course for some judges.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Reeves has a well-worn Race Card.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This will drag down the entire judiciary unless Congress begins cleaning house of the bad apples.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online libertybele

This will drag down the entire judiciary unless Congress begins cleaning house of the bad apples.

um....most of Congress consists of bad apples.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

um....most of Congress consists of bad apples.
Exactly.  Bad apples thrown in together do what to the group?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington