Author Topic: Church Burning, Black Metal-Loving Son of A Cop Now Facing Hate Crime Charges; Denied Bail  (Read 376 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This crime was previously reported on. I didn't know though, there was a deal with, (relating to music),  "black metal" crimes or "black metal" murder. Not my thing.. and I thought I listened to some offensive stuff growing up, well, some was... but not in this vein.

Church Burning, Black Metal-Loving Son of A Cop Now Facing Hate Crime Charges; Denied Bail
Posted by Robert Pasbani on April 15, 2019 at 5:13 pm

In the media coverage of the three Louisana church fires that happened last week, it's been a bit jarring to see black metal at the forefront of the headlines, and no mention of the fact that the guy is the son of a St. Landry Parish sheriff’s deputy. For the record, I was sort of guilty of this same oversight. So I wanted to be clear on who this person is.

21-year-old Holden Matthews was arrested last Wednesday for burning three primarily black churches in rural St. Landry Parish.  The Daily Beast notes the fires occurred at St. Mary Baptist Church, Greater Union Baptist Church, and Mount Pleasant Baptist Church on March 26, April 2, and April 4, respectively. Another “intentionally set” fire was also reported on April 7 at the predominantly white Vivian United Pentecostal Church a few hours away.

Mathews, who posted of pagan beliefs and was a fan of Burzum frontman Varg Vikernes, has been denied bail according to ABC News. Here is what went down at the hearing:

Read more at: https://metalinjection.net/metal-crimes/church-burning-black-metal-loving-son-of-a-cop-now-facing-hate-crime-charges-denied-bail

Additional Reference:

Film Rock music Crime

Lords of Chaos: The grisly film that has caused outrage

A new movie tells the appalling true story of Norway’s ‘black metal murders’. Nicholas Barber explores the dark tale behind the film.

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20190213-lords-of-chaos-the-grisly-film-that-has-caused-outrage