Yes, It's just Trump being Trump
4 (26.7%)
No, words still have consequences
5 (33.3%)
Reality TV, Who gives a crap anymore
6 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: April 27, 2019, 02:52:24 am

Author Topic: Does 'It was just a joke' work for you?  (Read 1819 times)

Offline corbe

Does 'It was just a joke' work for you?
« on: April 17, 2019, 02:52:24 am »
‘You don’t understand sarcasm’: How Trump and his allies downplay his comments

The Washington Post   

JM Rieger

6 hrs ago

Inviting Russia to find and release Hillary Clinton’s emails
Praising the release of hacked emails by WikiLeaks
Shooting someone on Fifth Avenue and not losing voters
Suggesting “Second Amendment people” could stop Hillary Clinton from appointing judges
Calling former president Barack Obama the “founder of ISIS”
Asking Americans to “sit up at attention” when he speaks
Suggesting he could be “president for life”
Calling Democrats’ refusal to cheer at his State of the Union address “treasonous”
Telling police officers to not “be too nice” with suspects
Praising a congressman for assaulting a reporter
Saying it would be “easy” to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act
Floating becoming more “presidential”
Touting a higher IQ than that of his secretary of state

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/you-dont-understand-sarcasm-how-trump-and-his-allies-downplay-his-comments/ar-BBW0fgR?ocid=ientp
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 02:54:25 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Does 'It was just a joke' work for you?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 02:53:49 am »
   I know it's the Compost but I felt it a relevant question, unlike half of my polls.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 05:34:53 pm »
Not sure why this thread was started, but the UGLY TRUTH is that Donald Trump, a billionaire that has not answered to anyone for decades is now president.  Being the person he is, he is caustic, abrasive and really does not care what others think, and thus the demeanor which is unprecedented perhaps in the last century for a president.

Now he answers to the American people, and this is a novelty for him.  Being diplomatic is not in his powerhouse.  He is the bull in the china shop, and he believes he can muscle everyone in his path.  Sometimes his antics work, sometimes they don't.  But rest assured, Trump keeps rising to the occasion to produce results with a dead from the neck up Congress.  That is not easy.

But to have a master mind criminal like HR Clinton president would have further knocked America down for the NWO pukes.  BREXIT and Trump are merely flies in the ointment.  The NWO pukes will continue once Trump is gone, and BREXIT may well go by the wayside.  USA sovereignty is being destroyed by people that would have the USA subservient to the NWO.  Many powerful people in America answer to these powerful people.  The Bushes, Clintons, Obamas, Pelosi, and many more people in power, and yet no one recognizes the treason here.  Until these people are brought to justice, the USA will continue on its path of destruction, and I do not believe we will survive because the people just do not have any power, and there are not enough people like Trump willing to take on these b*st*rds.

Every day he kicks these traitors in the teeth is a good day.  I do not care who he insults at this point along the way.  And any American people see what he is trying to do, with almost no help.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 06:34:58 pm »
Not sure why this thread was started, but the UGLY TRUTH is that Donald Trump, a billionaire that has not answered to anyone for decades is now president.  Being the person he is, he is caustic, abrasive and really does not care what others think, and thus the demeanor which is unprecedented perhaps in the last century for a president.
Now he answers to the American people, and this is a novelty for him.  Being diplomatic is not in his powerhouse.  He is the bull in the china shop, and he believes he can muscle everyone in his path.  Sometimes his antics work, sometimes they don't.  But rest assured, Trump keeps rising to the occasion to produce results with a dead from the neck up Congress.  That is not easy.
But to have a master mind criminal like HR Clinton president would have further knocked America down for the NWO pukes.  BREXIT and Trump are merely flies in the ointment.  The NWO pukes will continue once Trump is gone, and BREXIT may well go by the wayside.  USA sovereignty is being destroyed by people that would have the USA subservient to the NWO.  Many powerful people in America answer to these powerful people.  The Bushes, Clintons, Obamas, Pelosi, and many more people in power, and yet no one recognizes the treason here.  Until these people are brought to justice, the USA will continue on its path of destruction, and I do not believe we will survive because the people just do not have any power, and there are not enough people like Trump willing to take on these b*st*rds.
Every day he kicks these traitors in the teeth is a good day.  I do not care who he insults at this point along the way.  And any American people see what he is trying to do, with almost no help.
---------------------------------------
A reflection!
The founders included our first 5 of Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison and Monroe.
Compare our last 5 to these; then answer a core question.
What is a nation/state willing to accept and tolerate as its leadership?????
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 11:13:12 pm by Absalom »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 11:32:41 am »
It depends on the joke.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 11:50:37 am »
10 years ago: "I wish politicians would tell us what they are really thinking"
Now: "I wish Trump would quit telling us what he is really thinking"
Countdown to Resignation

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 11:56:55 am »
In general "it was a joke" as an excuse will work for me exactly there is a plausible target audience who would have found it funny (even if I'm not part of it).

And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 12:14:09 pm »
While I don't agree with many things Trump has said, nonetheless it is a fact that the Left has not tolerance for humor. You can see this in what they call a joke. Leftist stand-up is just half an hour of extreme vulgarity with sanctimonious snark and sarcasm while reciting all the latest Democrat talking points. Of course, they throw in plenty of incredibly demeaning and mean-spirited anti-Trump, anti-White, anti-American, anti-Christian "jokes" as well. But there is no humor in it. Leftist 'humor' is just a hateful, hate-filled screed of pure Hate. How many kill Trump and his entire family, kill Whitey, and kill all Republicans 'jokes' have we all heard?

They attack every Republican in the country regardless of which race or gender they are, or even how old they are. Attacking infants and children with vulgar insults is fine, as long as it is supposed to be a 'joke'. It is the Left who should be held responsible for their so called 'jokes'.

Come On! It's just a joke...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 06:12:02 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.