Author Topic: Skydance Television to Develop ‘Oklahoma!’ Inspired Series  (Read 557 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Rachel Yang
Variety
April 16, 2019

Skydance Television announced Tuesday that it has partnered with the Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization and Concord to develop an original television series inspired by the Broadway musical “Oklahoma!”

The present-day series will be set in America’s heartland and include music by the legendary duo Rodgers & Hammerstein, reimagined for a modern audience, as well as new music to support the story. The show is written by John Lee Hancock (“The Blind Side”) and Bekah Brunstetter (“This is Us,” “American Gods”).

More

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I assume this will have an all-black cast (like "Hamilton"), except for Judd and Annie?  Gotta have token whites for the "bad characters."

(Seriously, I'd watch it.  I played in the pit orchestra for this back in High School.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

If black people can now play historically white characters, then white people should be able to play historically black characters.
How well do you think Sean Penn, Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino, etal playing Thurgood Marshall, Jackie Robinson, MLK, or Malcolm X would go over?  Have some drama set on a pre-Civil War plantation and all the slaves white? Have a tv show called "Wired Again" and all the thugs white?