Author Topic: Weld: 'I've been encouraging' Kasich, Hogan to run against Trump  (Read 506 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Weld: 'I've been encouraging' Kasich, Hogan to run against Trump
By Tal Axelrod - 04/16/19 06:03 PM EDT

Former Massachusetts Gov. William Weld, fresh off launching his own GOP primary challenge against President Trump this week, says he has encouraged other Republicans to launch similar bids to take on Trump in 2020.

Weld told Fox News on Tuesday that he has encouraged former Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R) and Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R) to also throw their hats into the ring. Both candidates have mulled launching GOP presidential bids, pointing to potential support from moderate Republicans disaffected with the Trump White House.

During his appearance on Fox, Weld argued that having more candidates in the GOP race could help the party flesh out its policy platforms ahead of the general election.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/439203-weld-ive-been-encouraging-kasich-hogan-to-run-against-trump

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Weld: 'I've been encouraging' Kasich, Hogan to run against Trump
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 11:03:21 pm »
Again, Weld is a Clintonite, and should be ignored, along with the idiot from Ohio whose father was a postal worker, John Kasich.  And I know nothing of the fellow from Maryland, so he stands no chance whatsoever.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 11:10:12 pm »
I don't know about the others but Kasich would be doing Trump a big favor. Annihilating an ankle-biter primary challenger would be a welcome warmup for the main event.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 12:48:39 am »
I don't know about the others but Kasich would be doing Trump a big favor. Annihilating an ankle-biter primary challenger would be a welcome warmup for the main event.
I don't know, how would he distinguish himself from all the other democrats in order to gain any traction?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 12:58:14 am »
Weld and Kasich ... what a tag team.   :rolling:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 01:10:50 am »
Why would you divide your already small share of the vote like that?

Kasich and Hogan would be targeting the same Beltway northeast liberal Republicans Weld would. The kind of primary challenger Weld would need in order to stand a chance is someone who would challenge Trump from the right.

The best chance would be someone with some evangelical street credentials harping on Trump's personal record, Kavanaugh's disappointments, and the continued funding of Planned Parenthood—some way to break evangelicals out of their irrational Trump fever.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 01:23:37 am »
 :mauslaff:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 02:01:47 am »
Weld and Kasich will be lucky to get 10% between them of the vote.  Kasich is a Democommie and Weld is a disciple of Clinton.  He supported her against Trump.

Sad that there is no one in either party worthy to be president that measures up to Trump's sole.

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 03:47:44 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.