Author Topic: New Jersey Couple Ripped-off US Taxpayers for $4.5 Million in Food Stamp Fraud Scheme  (Read 190 times)

rangerrebew

New Jersey Couple Ripped-off US Taxpayers for $4.5 Million in Food Stamp Fraud Scheme
April 13, 2019 ~ Ann Corcoran   

I am forced to use a photo of the busted business when no images of the alleged scammers can be found! And, of course, no nationality or immigration status mentioned!

Here is the kicker in this case: ‘new American’ store owner Ibrahim Zughbi had been previously convicted of food stamp fraud and was not allowed to own and operate a store that accepted food stamps, but he worked his way around that prohibition!

See how….

From the South Passaic Daily Voice,

WAYNE, N.J. — A married Wayne couple who managed a grocery store sold $4 million worth of food stamps for cash, federal authorities charged.

food stamp fraud

Food stamp fraud busts have been slowing lately and I figured most of the scammers had been caught.  But, I guess there are still many more out there!

Ibrahim Zughbi, 64, Miriam Zughbi, 59, have operated Jamaica Meat Market, a medium-size grocery store in Paterson, since January 2014.

https://fraudscrookscriminals.com/2019/04/13/new-jersey-couple-ripped-off-us-taxpayers-for-4-5-million-in-food-stamp-fraud-scheme/#more-933