Author Topic: Roger L. Simon.. Watching Bernie at the Fox News Town Hall: Memories of the Soviet Union  (Read 216 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Watching Bernie at the Fox News Town Hall: Memories of the Soviet Union
By Roger L. Simon April 15, 2019

Strange as it may seem, watching Bernie Sanders on the Fox News town hall Monday night brought back memories of the Soviet Union for me. I went there for the first time in 1987, one year before Sanders went to the communist country. I was on a cultural exchange arranged for crime writers; Bernie was there to get married.

Although I was more or less still on the left, I found what I saw horrifying. Bernie took off his shirt and sang ”This Land Is Your Land.”

In other words, although we were in the USSR at basically the same point, we apparently visited different countries. I can remember spending much of my time talking to Soviet writers, listening to their tales of oppression, and their desperate desire to leave the country for freedom in America. In several cases, they asked my help to get out, which I had no way of giving them. As they made their pleas, my schoolboy Marxism drained out of me.

I also noticed the sparse prison-like conditions as we moved across the country from Leningrad to the Crimea, how we were followed everywhere, how the stores were empty, how everyone seemed depressed or drunk or both. Well, almost everyone. Some high party officials seemed to be living well. Paradoxically, if you were looking for income inequality, nothing beat the USSR.

more
https://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/bernie-on-fox-memories-of-the-soviet-union/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I watched a few minutes, that's all I could stomach. He was asked if writing a book and making money wasn't the American Dream? The wild-eyed communist said NO.

He talked about the government creating 15 million infrastructure jobs. Who is going to take them when we already have 7 million unfilled jobs or people unwillingly to work get paid anyway.

The morons in the crowd cheered all the "free" stuff. Embarrassed by the lack of knowledge and intelligence of so many Americans.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The Dumb States of America was not created over night.  It has been long in the planning, and those that intend to benefit are still out there.  It is not the lunatics like Sanders looking to benefit as much as the NWO pukes, who want the USA at banana republic level, where everyone makes just enough to keep them quiet as a political force.

Sanders will not be the Democommie candidate in 2020.  It will be HRC for a repeat.  She would be a fool not to run.  WIth 20 lunatics running, she will sweep the early primaries and get an easy lead over all the clowns.

Shades of Thriller from Manilla come to mind, where Trump vs Clinton happens again.  I believe she is the only Democommie that can stand up to Trump.  The rest would easily be devoured.  He would not so much as work up a drop of sweat to clobber the occupants of the clown car.  But HRC with her billions already sitting there waiting in her faux foundation, she can buy whatever she wants.  Perhaps a 2nd or 3rd dossier.