Author Topic: Life Site News: As a former gay man, I know Pete Buttigieg’s ‘Midwest wholesome’ is a lie  (Read 1222 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt:

As a former gay man, I know Pete Buttigieg’s ‘Midwest wholesome’ is a lie

Scrape off the layers of digital varnish that have been splashed on the man, and one finds that Buttigieg espouses the same horrible ideals as his fellow Democrat contenders.

Buttigieg wants to overhaul the United States Supreme Court because he believes it’s too conservative. He wants to get rid of the Electoral College — “It’s gotta go” — and establish automatic voter registration. He believes that climate change is a national security threat and supports Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s proposed Green New Deal. The young mayor would like to institute national single-payer health care — i.e., “Medicare for all” — and wants stricter gun control laws.

Not surprisingly, Buttigieg’s deceased father was a Notre Dame University professor who, according to Paul Kengor, was “among a group of leftist professors who focused on injecting Marxism into the wider culture.” 

Read more at: https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/as-a-former-gay-man-i-know-pete-buttigiegs-midwest-wholesome-is-a-lie

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Buttigieg has to realize that the shrillness emanating from the Harris/Warren/AOC wing (coincidence they're all women? perhaps, one could also look at Schiff/Swalwell/Lieu for male examples) of the party is a non-starter with most people. Who are the leaders of the 2020 primary polls right now? Biden, who's always been the pragmatic politician type... Sanders, who may be a lefty kook, but he's an OPTIMISTIC lefty kook, dagnabbit... and him, which is remarkable considering how much better-known Biden and Sanders are at this point. When a lot of Democrats see Trump as a nut, they assume they have to be as nutty or nuttier than he is; this guy at least acknowledges there is opportunity to be had in looking sane.

Besides, homosexuality is chic these days, as the article alludes—in an era where the Democrats are pushing for token minorities and women, being gay affords Buttigieg diversity points he wouldn't have if he were in the closet, and cool points with millennials and Gen-Z'ers who've been hard-sold the notion that gay relationships are "totes adorbs" for about a decade now.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024