Author Topic: Trump ditches one-on-one meetings with vice president: report  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-ditches-one-on-one-meetings-with-vice-president-report/ar-BBVXzEb?ocid=spartanntp

President Trump has largely abandoned the tradition of one-on-one lunches with the vice president, according to The Atlantic.

Instead, Trump reportedly invites aides to lunch meetings with Vice President Pence.

During those meetings, a big-screen television is tuned to cable news, according to the news outlet, which added that Trump frequently yells at the TV and will break from the lunch to discuss a response with aides if he sees something on screen that angers him.

There's more, but as expected, it puts Trump in a very unfavorable light. Whatever, Trump isn't big on tradition.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Trump ditches one-on-one meetings with vice president: report
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 08:46:57 pm »
Undisclosed sources?
Countdown to Resignation

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 08:49:02 pm »
The truth here is that Mike Pence is probably too boring and submissive to retain on the schedule.

He'd rather sit alone in the Oval Office and tweet.  Drive the opposition nutz.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 08:53:30 pm »
   I don't blame him Pence is gay, right?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 08:57:33 pm »

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 10:58:18 pm »

I don't know, he kind of reminds me of Lurch.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 11:13:14 pm »
   Straight, Horny, Women seem to make him very uncomfortable.  /JS
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 11:13:40 pm »
The truth here is that Mike Pence is probably too boring and submissive to retain on the schedule.

He'd rather sit alone in the Oval Office and tweet.  Drive the opposition nutz.

As long as Trump is indestructible and will always be President there is no need to brief the first in line of succession. 
Pray for peace, but prepare to own the libs.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 11:14:33 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 11:17:09 pm »
   I think it's established historical fact that FDR keep Truman out of the loop on the A-Bomb.  Any man that is that concerned about being in a room, alone, with a Female has problems beyond the appearance of Ethics.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 11:21:30 pm »
   I think it's established historical fact that FDR keep Truman out of the loop on the A-Bomb.  Any man that is that concerned about being in a room, alone, with a Female has problems beyond the appearance of Ethics.

Like calling his wife “Mother”...
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 11:30:36 pm »
I find it hysterically funny to see Pence bashed for his moral standards by republican's.  He deserves it for his steadfast loyalty to the President.  Time to get an acting VP.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 12:48:52 am »
Like calling his wife “Mother”...

Wait, you're supposed to wait until you're married to do that?

In hindsight, that explains a lot.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2019, 12:52:30 am »
Wait, you're supposed to wait until you're married to do that?

In hindsight, that explains a lot.

I didn't think people did that in real life.  If my husband called me Mother, I'd figure, well, sex was nice while it lasted.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2019, 03:35:33 am »
I didn't think people did that in real life. If my husband called me Mother, I'd figure, well, sex was nice while it lasted.

My grandparents on my dads side of the family did.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2019, 03:53:09 am »

My grandparents on both sides, and my folks all used that term. My only Aunt and Uncle, too.
No divorces. Married until death.

I see not a thing derogatory in it; conversely a positive term of love, family, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2019, 05:08:56 pm »
My grandparents on both sides, and my folks all used that term. My only Aunt and Uncle, too.
No divorces. Married until death.

I see not a thing derogatory in it; conversely a positive term of love, family, etc

@truth_seeker  exactly!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2019, 06:31:36 pm »
@truth_seeker  exactly!

Yep...my grandparents passed when I was young, but on my hubby's side, my father-in-law called my mother-in-law -- Mom.  It was used endearingly.  I never though it was odd at all.  Yes ... indeed... till death do they part. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2019, 07:57:43 pm »
Well, y’all, it must be generational, so I guess it is a thing.  I’d still want my husband to use my name.  🤷🏻‍♀️

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2019, 07:59:49 pm »

Reagan called Nancy "Mother".
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2019, 08:08:25 pm »
   Any man that is that concerned about being in a room, alone, with a Female has problems beyond the appearance of Ethics.

Bill Clinton was certainly very comfortable with it.
Countdown to Resignation