Author Topic: Why did an OH lawmaker want preborn Black babies treated as disposable property?  (Read 931 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Why did an OH lawmaker want preborn Black babies treated as disposable property?
By Nancy Flanders | April 11, 2019 , 05:23pm

On Wednesday, the Ohio House and Senate each voted to pass Senate Bill 23 known as The Heartbeat Bill. Today, Governor Mike DeWine signed the bill, which will ban abortions once a preborn baby’s heartbeat is detected, usually around six weeks gestation. In a shocking move this week, Rep. Janine Boyd (D) proposed an amendment that would have allowed the bill to protect all children older than six weeks from abortion except for African-American children. (Her full remarks can be found here at the 51:45 mark – HT: Created Equal).

“I consider the slave trade and how black slaves were once treated like cattle and put out to stud in order to create generations of more slaves,” she said. “I consider how many masters raped their slaves. I consider how many masters forced their slaves to have abortions and I consider how many pregnant slaves self-induced abortions so that they would not contribute children they had to the slave system that was the foundational economic system of our country – our younger country.”

Stating that the United States is still a young country “trying to find ourselves almost like teenagers,” she said the U.S. “is not far enough beyond our history to legislate as if it is.”

Read more at: https://www.liveaction.org/news/oh-lawmaker-preborn-black-property

Ohio State Rep. Janine Boyd/

I don't like the headline here and it would probably take some research to properly understand this story. This is the same story previously touched on where a Democratic State Representative for Ohio, Janine Boyd wanted some exemptions to the heartbeat bill which passed the Senate and is headed to the Governor's office where he indicated he'd sign it.

Lila Rose, Live Action per the source of above story.

Lila Rose
‏Verified account @LilaGraceRose

This is racist and outrageous.

Democratic State Rep in Ohio proposed an amendment to the Heartbeat bill that would allow abortions only on Black babies. It was struck down 11-7.

Planned Parenthood founder, Margaret Sanger, would be proud.

https://twitter.com/LilaGraceRose/status/1117807864406372352

Ohio lawmakers create caucus to focus on black maternal health
https://www.dispatch.com/news/20190411/ohio-lawmakers-create-caucus-to-focus-on-black-maternal-health

SO, I'm not wanting to get on Boyd's case. This is all probably reflective of how abortion is in the black community,  more common in it than most other groups.  And with the Democrat's point-of-view, I'm not making excuses. There are plenty of African-American pro-life activists.  I'm just saying, this might be there perspective. They may not see this in the same sinister way.

One looks at Lila or Christina Hagan who was quoted last week on this. They are, white women, no other way to put it.

Journalists need to dig in on this story.