Author Topic: I Will Defend. The Michael Monsoor Story  (Read 561 times)

rangerrebew

I Will Defend. The Michael Monsoor Story
« on: April 15, 2019, 10:09:02 am »
I Will Defend
The Michael Monsoor Story
22 January 2019 By Elizabeth M. Collins, Defense Media Activity

Operation Kentucky Jumper was supposed to be their last mission. It was a clearance and isolation operation. It had been a long, hard deployment to Ramadi, Iraq — six months of near-daily firefights as they worked with the Army and Marine Corps to retake the city, street by street, from al-Qaida insurgents. The men of SEAL Team 3, Delta Platoon were exhausted, but they were days from going home, so close they could almost smell the salty San Diego air.
Video by MC1 Danian Douglas and Austin Rooney, Defense Media Activity

In fact, Operation Kentucky Jumper, in late September 2006, was volunteer, as much of the detachment was needed to pack up gear.

One of the first men to raise his hand was Master-at-Arms 2nd Class Michael Monsoor, the platoon's heavy machine gunner. He was also responsible for communications, so he played two key roles on the mission, according to Chief Warrant Officer 3 Benjamin Oleson.

https://www.navy.mil/ah_online/deptStory.asp?issue=3&dep=1&id=108370
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 10:09:52 am by rangerrebew »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: I Will Defend. The Michael Monsoor Story
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 11:26:37 am »
....  On 29 September 2006, an insurgent threw a grenade onto a rooftop where Monsoor and several other SEALs and Iraqi soldiers were positioned. Monsoor quickly smothered the grenade with his body, absorbing the resulting explosion and saving his comrades from serious injury or death. Monsoor died about 30 minutes later from wounds caused by the grenade explosion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_A._Monsoor

If you don't read anything else today, read the OP.... Lebanese last name per the article, like that woman who goes on those marches who is in the news but I think she spells it "Mansour" but largely, the same last name.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: I Will Defend. The Michael Monsoor Story
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 12:57:37 pm »
SEALS have their radio man carry the MG?  WTF are they thinking?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!