Author Topic: Trump, Pelosi to meet on bipartisan infrastructure deal  (Read 295 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump, Pelosi to meet on bipartisan infrastructure deal
« on: April 15, 2019, 12:34:17 am »
Trump, Pelosi to meet on bipartisan infrastructure deal
By Zack Budryk - 04/14/19 07:24 PM EDT

President Trump and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) are planning to meet in the near future to discuss a bipartisan infrastructure package, a White House spokesperson confirmed to the Washington Examiner.

“The President and Speaker did speak last week and have agreed to meet soon to discuss working together on infrastructure,” White House Deputy press secretary Judd Deere told the publication. “The President wants a bipartisan infrastructure package that rebuilds crumbling infrastructure, invests in the projects and industries of tomorrow, and promotes permitting efficiency.”

Pelosi said at a recent Democratic retreat that she thinks President Trump would be receptive to an infrastructure package of between $1 trillion and $2 trillion.

“I’m optimistic. Left to his own devices, I think the president would be agreeable to these things,” she told reporters. “It has to be $1 trillion; I’d like it to be closer to $2 trillion.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/438859-trump-pelosi-to-meet-on-bipartisan-infrastructure-deal-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34