Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg officially announces 2020 presidential bid  (Read 6622 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: Pete Buttigieg officially announces 2020 presidential bid
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2019, 02:28:04 pm »
True. I ran for state legislature in 2012 and narrowly lost. Just the other night, Mr. M commented that if I ran in the next election (2020), who knows what the Democrats and the media would accuse me of doing, no matter how untrue. How does one overcome a mountain of lies?

Which is precisely how The Left wants it.

Which is some of the reason, why I give Trump a pass.    Why would he give up the life he had, with all the wealth and fame, to take the arrows which have come his way?   I know I wouldn't. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2019, 03:00:06 pm »
Good people don't want to bother with running for office.  With the way the Press treats them, who could blame them?

True,  and it's also hindering the Trump administration in its search to find candidates to serve in Cabinet positions and elsewhere in the Federal bureaucracy.    Years of delays,  document requests and other anal probing are effectively keeping the "best people" from serving.   The swamp can't be drained because,  two years into his presidency,  Trump can't get many of his people in.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2019, 03:04:40 pm »
@TomSea

Who is going to vote for a guy named Pete Buttplug for president?

Other than the denizens of LA,that is.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2019, 03:07:08 pm »
   Pete could win if not gay and could win because of being gay.

@Victoria33

Well,it worked for Bathhouse Barry. He would have never gotten elected if he had been white.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2019, 03:11:56 pm »
Secret tapes linger over Buttigieg's meteoric rise
By Jonathan Easley - 04/15/19 06:00 AM EDT

Pete Buttigieg’s meteoric rise as a presidential candidate is putting a spotlight on his years as mayor of South Bend, Ind., including his demotion of an African American police chief.

An Indiana judge will rule soon on whether to release five cassette tapes of secretly recorded conversations between South Bend police officers that led to the 2012 demotion of Police Chief Darryl Boykins, the city’s first ever black police chief. ...

Buttigieg’s critics say he’s gone to great lengths to conceal the contents of the tapes, which some believe could include racist language by white police officers.   ... Story at The Hill

@mountaineer

Anybody taking any bets on how much longer blacks are going to be "The Master Race" in America?

I'm saying MAYBE they have another 8 or 10 years left in control,but I am guessing less than 6 years before the His and Her Panics take over. Things may not go well for the blacks after that happens.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2019, 03:18:49 pm »
True,  and it's also hindering the Trump administration in its search to find candidates to serve in Cabinet positions and elsewhere in the Federal bureaucracy.    Years of delays,  document requests and other anal probing are effectively keeping the "best people" from serving.   The swamp can't be drained because,  two years into his presidency,  Trump can't get many of his people in.

Trump has made it much more difficult with his mercurial leadership style. Why would anyone want to be considered for a job that will likely end six months after you're hired?

Sorry, I'm just not into that fealty thing, where my boss demands and expects unwavering, unquestioning loyalty.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2019, 03:30:39 pm »
@austingirl
@TomSea
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak

Look at his military record (Trump claimed heel bone spurs to stay out of war)
Buttigieg was commissioned as a naval intelligence officer in the Navy Reserve in 2009, and deployed to Afghanistan in 2014. After a seven-month deployment, Buttigieg returned to South Bend.  He remained a lieutenant in the Naval Reserve until 2017.

Here is Trump's problem with Pete.  Trump cannot attack him/make fun of him/give him a tacky name.  I'm sure Trump can't even pronounce Pete's last name.  Trump will try to use Pete's last name to embarrass him, but the embarrassment will be Trump's for not being able to pronounce Pete's last name.

Trump can't attack Pete's military service because Trump faked heel bone spurs and didn't serve. 

PLEASE!  Your hatred for Trump is showing through. The guy was a intelligence officer in the freaking Navy. He would have heard more gunfire if he had been stationed in DC.

Claiming he is a "war veteran" is like claiming Bo Biden is a war veteran because he was a JAG officer in a rear base camp in the Muddle East. Even then he probably had armed MP bodyguards following him everywhere he went in camp because of who his father is.

Kinda reminds me of a local geezer who walks around wearing an "Atomic Veterans"  hat because he is a "veteran of the the dawn of the atomic age when we were worried about Russia nuking us." BIG freaking deal. So was my mother,and everyone else alive at that time. He joined the Air Force during the Korean War to avoid being drafted to go fight in the Korean War. I may be wrong,but I have been told he never left the US.

Trump can't say he is smarter than Pete because Pete has his smarts on paper, the various awards he got for putting his high intelligence to good works. 

Yup,you are a groupie. I have no doubt you would be a Sharpton fan if Sharpie were running against Trump.

[/quote]

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2019, 03:32:59 pm »
He may speak Arabic but he won't be welcome there. They barely tolerate women leaders.

@Restored

HorseHillary! If he were to admit he likes banging little boys,they might make him a tribal leader.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2019, 03:39:42 pm »
@TomSea
@austingirl
@Cyber Liberty

So, Trump can't say he has done nothing in government.

@Victoria33

The DNC is going to fire you if you can't do better than that. Trump never did "nothing" in government BEFORE HE WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT because he never TRIED to do anything in government before running for,and WINNING the office of President of the United States. Now,I know that is not as impressive to you as winning a mayor's office in Indiana with the backing of the Dim Party,but most people would think being President is a bigger deal.

BTW,slight correction. Trump was VERY active in state and federal government before being elected president. Mostly due to having to bribe elected officials to get them to approve his building projects.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2019, 03:42:43 pm »
@Victoria33  is not expressing hatred of Trump.  She is pointing out that Pete Buttgeig is a rival to be taken seriously.   He is expressing a unique perspective, at least so far, in this race -  he is speaking of reconciliation, and the bridging of differences, in the context of shared values.   I feel that if I were to speak to him,  he'd listen to me.   Not that I'd persuade him- no doubt he's a progressive and a partisan - but there could be a dialogue.   Not like a hardcase like Kamala Harris.    She wants to kill me and my kind.    She's a tribalist,  same as Trump.  Buttigieg will catch more flies with honey.   And that is why he is the Dem candidates that some of us recognize may pose the biggest threat to Trump

@Jazzhead

We iz da wurld.......

We iz da peep-pulls.....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2019, 03:51:59 pm »

@Jazzhead

I know full well Buttigieg is progressive.

No,you don't,because he isn't. He is REGRESSIVE,not progressive. When you say he is "progressive" you are just babbling a brain fart,like when you call the left "liberal".

But he frames himself in a context of inclusiveness and shared values - unlike any of the other Dem candidates.   That makes him a potentially formidable opponent, 

Yeah,but mostly he is a formidable opponent because he doesn't scare voters,and a lot of people will vote for a "out" homo to "prove" how "open-minded I am". Just like they did for Bathhouse Barry.

Nobody but a certified fool is going to vote for him as president because he was a mayor of South Bend,Indiana for one term.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2019, 03:53:11 pm »
On an objective basis, Buttigieg presents a much more intelligent, less radical persona than any of the other Dem candidates.

@musiclady

True,but the same could be said for most of the people in prison,and half the people in mental institutions.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2019, 03:55:06 pm »
Yes, Buttigieg is every bit as anti-American as Bammy.

@austingirl

You misspelled "Buttplug".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2019, 03:59:32 pm »

@Cyber Liberty

@musiclady

That's not the discussion they were having.  @Victoria33  clearly said that no one here would vote for him.

Not true. I believe Victoria33 and several other anti-Trumpers will vote for him if it is him versus Trump. Maybe even if it is him versus anyone.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2019, 04:05:19 pm »
Can you guess that my answer is neither?    The emergence of someone with Obama-like appeal (remember,  Obama ran his first campaign on a feigned platform of inclusion and reconciliation)  ought to be a wake-up call to Republicans.   We CAN do better than Trump - indeed we MUST do better if we hope to continue his policy directions.

@Jazzhead

And all we need to do to "win" is vote in a lying scumbag globalist liar like JEB,right?

I don't call that winning. Suicide by any other name is still a death.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2019, 04:08:53 pm »
Then I, apparently share the same soap box.

Rat is NEVER an alternative.  Third Party stinks, but if it's all we've got, it's all we've got.

The Republicans need to come up with a viable alternative to Trump.  But they won't.  Because they're Republicans.  And their values are expendable.

@musiclady

Ain't you "special"?  Have any videos of you doing your little "superiority dance",princess?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2019, 04:15:25 pm »
Sadly, I put little faith in the GOP. They have collectively managed to drop the ball instead of moving it downfield in the right direction more times than I can count. They have squandered opportunity after opportunity, despite being elected expressly over Conservative issues (the TEA party class, for instance), and like idiots try to negotiate starting with what they want, not well past that and end up giving ground every time.

I would love to see a return to our Constitution in Government, but neither major Party is interested in that.

@Smokin Joe

Ironically enough,the death of the Republican Party is directly related to their biggest accomplishment,taking control over the presidency and congress  back when Newt became Speaker of the House.

Instead of solidifying their hold and standards,they acted like a bunch of drunks at a Christmas Party,and gladly accepted any Dim into their ranks that wanted to switch parties. Not policies or contacts mind you,just party. What they did was stab every Republican in the back they had the opportunity to stab,and they got away with it. The modern Republican Party was destroyed from within when they were right at the  height of their greatest achievements.

And those blind,unthinking fools just sat there and let it happen. Or worse,joined in with  their new "Republican" friends because they were promised committee assignments and other advantages for helping.  They even helped the DNC kick Gingrich out of politics over a "crime" that wasn't quite as serious as shoplifting by a teenager.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2019, 04:17:39 pm »
True. I ran for state legislature in 2012 and narrowly lost. Just the other night, Mr. M commented that if I ran in the next election (2020), who knows what the Democrats and the media would accuse me of doing, no matter how untrue. How does one overcome a mountain of lies?

@mountaineer

The only way these days is to have the Party Machine behind you,and their buds in the press. Without them,it is hopeless unless you are a media celebrity like Trump.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2019, 04:22:58 pm »
@austingirl

You misspelled "Buttplug".

@sneakypete

You say Buttplug, I say Buttgig. Tomato, tomahto.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2019, 05:06:07 pm »

The Cabinet is also hard to maintain because of public harassment by the Antifa types, like Nielsen and others have to face.  Those types listened to Mad Maxine.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2019, 05:35:45 pm »
The obvious answer for "what to do about Trump:"

Support him.

1. Admit you wre wrong during the 2016 primaries, which he won.
2. Admit you were wrong over the 2016 general, which he won.
3. Admit you were wrong over how he would govern.
4. Admit he is polling BETTER, than Reagan, B. Clinton and Obama at tthis point during their first terms.
4. Admit that 80+ percent of Republicans/conservatives support the duly elected Republican President.
5. Admit that alternatives like Weld are ridiculous, along with 3rd party efforts that only serve to fail.

Remember John Anderson in 1980? At the end of his career, he supported Nader.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 05:49:28 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2019, 05:48:40 pm »
On an objective basis, Buttigieg presents a much more intelligent, less radical persona than any of the other Dem candidates.

For that reason, I think he has a chance to win the Dem nomination.
Ted Bundy presented a great demeanor to the public too. Who could believe such a handsome, well-spoken young man like Ted could be a vicious, serial killer?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2019, 06:22:08 pm »
@musiclady

Ain't you "special"?  Have any videos of you doing your little "superiority dance",princess?

Not as 'special' as you are @sneakypete .   I could never compete with the number of times you've lorded your superiority over everyone else.

I'm not claiming superiority.  I just have standards that don't blow with the winds of populism.

But that's not the point, really.  I see that you've become an uber loyal Republican, and it kinda makes me chuckle.   happy77
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2019, 06:23:19 pm »
Ted Bundy presented a great demeanor to the public too. Who could believe such a handsome, well-spoken young man like Ted could be a vicious, serial killer?

Once again, I think the guy is a wolf in wolf's clothing, but we're talking about the Dem base here.

They'll fall for him.

In fact, many who should know better already have.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2019, 06:25:15 pm »
@musiclady

Not true. I believe Victoria33 and several other anti-Trumpers will vote for him if it is him versus Trump. Maybe even if it is him versus anyone.

That's a ridiculous accusation without any form of proof.

But don't let me get in the way of a good internet sound bite squabble with no facts behind it.  *****rollingeyes*****