Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg officially announces 2020 presidential bid  (Read 6505 times)

Offline goatprairie

Re: Pete Buttigieg officially announces 2020 presidential bid
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2019, 06:32:26 pm »
Once again, I think the guy is a wolf in wolf's clothing, but we're talking about the Dem base here.

They'll fall for him.

In fact, many who should know better already have.
If they're honest (which they aren't), the only reason Bootyjunk is a big name now in Dem circles as a prez nominee is because he's a homosexual.
He did nothing in South Bend to deserve being considered prez timber.  If he was straight, he wouldn't be voted in as dogcatcher in SB.
Having put a "black" man in the WH and narrowly missing putting a woman there, Dems are now hellbent on putting a homosexual there.
Bootyjunk's agenda indicates he is just another far left Dem nutjob.
 And I'll plainly state here, at the risk of being flamed, it will be a cold day in hell before I vote for a leftist (or any) homosexual for president.
 I wish they were all back in the closet where they belong. The love that dared not speak its name now won't shut up.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2019, 06:58:26 pm »
If they're honest (which they aren't), the only reason Bootyjunk is a big name now in Dem circles as a prez nominee is because he's a homosexual.
He did nothing in South Bend to deserve being considered prez timber.  If he was straight, he wouldn't be voted in as dogcatcher in SB.
Having put a "black" man in the WH and narrowly missing putting a woman there, Dems are now hellbent on putting a homosexual there.
 And I'll plainly state here, at the risk of being flamed, it will be a cold day in hell before I vote for a leftist (or any) homosexual for president.
 I wish they were all back in the closet where they belong. The love that dared not speak its name now won't shut up.

Why would you be flamed for that?  My guess is that the vast majority of Briefers are right there with you on this.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2019, 08:45:02 am »
Then I, apparently share the same soap box.

Rat is NEVER an alternative.  Third Party stinks, but if it's all we've got, it's all we've got.

The Republicans need to come up with a viable alternative to Trump.  But they won't.  Because they're Republicans.  And their values are expendable.

Fine! Trump has done a lot including a lot of pro-life acts. I'm a part of it. You aren't. Simple as that. Things are a lot better now, I'm glad I voted like I did.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2019, 08:47:51 am »
@Victoria33

The DNC is going to fire you if you can't do better than that. Trump never did "nothing" in government BEFORE HE WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT because he never TRIED to do anything in government before running for,and WINNING the office of President of the United States. Now,I know that is not as impressive to you as winning a mayor's office in Indiana with the backing of the Dim Party,but most people would think being President is a bigger deal.

BTW,slight correction. Trump was VERY active in state and federal government before being elected president. Mostly due to having to bribe elected officials to get them to approve his building projects.

@Victoria33 

You have done nothing but show yourself to be speaking for leftist causes.  Simple as that again. Not really the image one would generally wish to project in this forum and it may well make one irrelevant. If we wanted to read the Democratic Underground, we could go there.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2019, 09:47:12 am »
The obvious answer for "what to do about Trump:"

Support him.

1. Admit you wre wrong during the 2016 primaries, which he won.
2. Admit you were wrong over the 2016 general, which he won.
3. Admit you were wrong over how he would govern.
4. Admit he is polling BETTER, than Reagan, B. Clinton and Obama at tthis point during their first terms.
4. Admit that 80+ percent of Republicans/conservatives support the duly elected Republican President.
5. Admit that alternatives like Weld are ridiculous, along with 3rd party efforts that only serve to fail.

Remember John Anderson in 1980? At the end of his career, he supported Nader.

Well, they’ll never admit to being wrong about Trump; it’s in their job description: NeverTrumper.

However, some early NeverTrumpers were capable of feeling shame and remorse for wrongly believing the corrupt, lying, democrat media and have already come over to the right, winning side.

To those smart folks, I say welcome to the sunny side of the street.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2019, 10:16:28 am »
The obvious answer for "what to do about Trump:"

Support him.

1. Admit you wre wrong during the 2016 primaries, which he won.
2. Admit you were wrong over the 2016 general, which he won.
3. Admit you were wrong over how he would govern.
4. Admit he is polling BETTER, than Reagan, B. Clinton and Obama at tthis point during their first terms.
4. Admit that 80+ percent of Republicans/conservatives support the duly elected Republican President.
5. Admit that alternatives like Weld are ridiculous, along with 3rd party efforts that only serve to fail.

Remember John Anderson in 1980? At the end of his career, he supported Nader.
I support Trump when he is right.

As for your little list,

1: He may have won, but I wasn't wrong.
2: I didn't want Hillary to win, that wasn't wrong. I figured Trump would, so handily in my state, that I voted for someone and a Party I could support. Trump got the electoral votes without my help, which he didn't need.
How was I wrong about that?
3: While the jury is still out on that, I have seen my tax deductions go away, ones which are integral to my work. I have seen no wall, the ACA is still largely in effect, and Hillary is at large.
There have been a couple of good things rapidly followed by an administrative assault on the RKBA, more alcohol in fuels, and mobs of judges and lawyers stymieing this administration at every turn, including the GOP. IOW, the swamp is perfectly safe at least for the moment.

I wasn't wrong, I didn't expect much, and I haven't been the least disappointed.

4: The only polls which mean jack are the ones on election day. The rest can be gimmicked a thousand ways from Sunday.

5: 80%? Well, what else are 'Pubbies and Conservatives going to do? Is there an alternative at this point? What disingenuous nonsense.

6: Lest you forget the "GOP" wasn't a major Party at one time, either. Harping on the old saw that you vote D or R or "waste your vote" has been a hugely effective mantra, admittedly, but that can change. As the Major parties coalesce into a group of self-serving globalist totalitarians and it becomes obvious to the rank and file (if we can pry them away from the bread and circuses), perhaps that will change. Either that, or the Republic will be lost, the Constitution a historical footnote, if it is even mentioned, and the economic collapse from making money out of thin air and servicing that debt will be the end of it.
(Why are we borrowing money from bankers when we could simply have monetized the debt through the use of United States Notes, without owing third parties interest?) Better yet, why are spending so much of the legacy of hardworking people and their descendants on things which at best kick the can down the road, and on people who will not fix their problems so long as they are subsidized for having them? 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2019, 10:18:10 am »
Fine! Trump has done a lot including a lot of pro-life acts. I'm a part of it. You aren't. Simple as that. Things are a lot better now, I'm glad I voted like I did.
Phooey. My governor signed an act which prohibits shredding a baby to abort it. Not Trump.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2019, 10:19:45 am »

:hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands:

C S Lewis

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2019, 11:22:12 am »
Being a homosexual, he will quickly draw the ire of the squawkers in the LGBTQC+ community. The thing they do best is picking each other apart. He'll be dodging shade for days.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2019, 12:22:45 pm »
Buttgay planning ahead.
Pete Buttigieg would love to have Phish play at inauguration
By Yaron Steinbuch
April 19, 2019 | 7:42am

Democratic presidential hopeful Pete Buttigieg didn’t miss a beat when asked if he’d like to have the rock group Phish perform at his theoretical inaugural ball.

“If you could get Phish to do an inauguration, that would be something,” the 37-year-old mayor of South Bend, Indiana, told a reporter for TMZ in the Big Apple on Thursday.

“Well, it’s worth a shot. Maybe we should ask them,” he added. “That’s a fun one to think about.”  ...
NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2019, 01:10:10 pm »
@Victoria33 

You have done nothing but show yourself to be speaking for leftist causes.  Simple as that again. Not really the image one would generally wish to project in this forum and it may well make one irrelevant. If we wanted to read the Democratic Underground, we could go there.

@TomSea  @Victoria33

And there it is.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2019, 01:13:07 pm »
Phooey. My governor signed an act which prohibits shredding a baby to abort it. Not Trump.

@Smokin Joe

And you are SURPRISED that a sitting President didn't sign a state bill written and approved by state legislators?

Seriously?

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2019, 01:16:08 pm »
Buttgay planning ahead.NY Post

@mountaineer

Never heard of them. I am guessing they don't have a big following amongst the heterosexual geezer generation? Are they one of those bands that just beat on their instruments and shriek in anger of something/anything/everything?

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2019, 02:05:22 pm »
@sneakypete

You said, "Not true. I believe Victoria33 and several other anti-Trumpers will vote for him if it is him versus Trump. Maybe even if it is him versus anyone."

I won't vote for Trump in the primary.  Will vote for an acceptable Republican running against him if that happens.  In the general election, will leave President's box empty if it is his name.  I won't vote for a Democrat.  Being in Texas, the Republican usually wins.  The only Democrats in state office in Texas are a few judges. 

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2019, 02:08:52 pm »
Being a homosexual, he will quickly draw the ire of the squawkers in the LGBTQC+ community. The thing they do best is picking each other apart. He'll be dodging shade for days.

@Restored

Did you see this article? There was a thread a couple of days ago- just as you said, the article is a gay slam against the "couple." It's already started.

https://spectator.us/first-ladies-chasten-buttigieg/?fbclid=IwAR30hofnPJOnehnRPAJJXbKjJFZKd_44kXVMFBOUqED7ipJTRVsopxFEnvk
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2019, 02:23:15 pm »
@sneakypete

You said, "Not true. I believe Victoria33 and several other anti-Trumpers will vote for him if it is him versus Trump. Maybe even if it is him versus anyone."

I won't vote for Trump in the primary.  Will vote for an acceptable Republican running against him if that happens.  In the general election, will leave President's box empty if it is his name.  I won't vote for a Democrat.  Being in Texas, the Republican usually wins.  The only Democrats in state office in Texas are a few judges.

I doubt we'll see an "acceptable" Republican in the primary against Trump, because Ted will be sitting this one out.

The priority for me is to flip back those state house seats that flipped during the midterms. Beto will not be on the ballot to energize Democrats this time around. Democrats running for President will have to outdo each other with their liberal ideas, which will backfire in this more conservative state.

Millenials here are reaping the benefits of the strong economy in Texas, and won't fall for the AOCs and Bernies of the Democrats.

I'm on the fence regarding voting for Trump. I won't rule it out, if only because he has a year and a half remaining to get something done on border security.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2019, 02:24:32 pm »
The Buttigieg's are the Amos and Andy of the LGBTQC+ world. They will go to a breeder to get a custom-designed gayby, tweet about the latest diets and exercises, talk about their biggest quarrels (what shows to watch), expound on the virtues of being judgment-free while trashing Pence and invite us into their hunt for a new "family" vehicle.
Oh I just can't wait.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2019, 02:45:32 pm »
The Buttigieg's are the Amos and Andy of the LGBTQC+ world. They will go to a breeder to get a custom-designed gayby, tweet about the latest diets and exercises, talk about their biggest quarrels (what shows to watch), expound on the virtues of being judgment-free while trashing Pence and invite us into their hunt for a new "family" vehicle.
Oh I just can't wait.

I'm moving to Poland if this guy wins.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2019, 05:01:40 pm »
@Victoria33   You have done nothing but show yourself to be speaking for leftist causes.  Simple as that again. Not really the image one would generally wish to project in this forum and it may well make one irrelevant. If we wanted to read the Democratic Underground, we could go there.
@TomSea
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak 

1. You said I was, "speaking for leftist causes."

1. Answer: I spoke of the man, Pete B's background.  I do that, look at previous years and present actions for any candidate I want to know about, regardless of party. That is my own "opposition research".

2. You said, "You have done nothing but show yourself to be speaking for leftist causes. Not really the image one would generally wish to project in this forum and it may well make one irrelevant."

2. Answer:  You have a deficient in understanding written language if you think I support "leftist" causes.  Pete B. supports leftist causes to the max and wants to be president - that is the subject of the thread. 

If I am "irrelevant" on the forum, I am sure the other two I pinged to this post will tell me to leave and/or they will jerk my credentials out of the safe, pick up my coffee cup and my wine glass, and dump all of them in the trash.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2019, 05:11:44 pm »
Buttgay is superficially attractive.  Acknowledging that doesn't = support.  The sad truth is that a large percentage of voters don't go beyond the superficial.  We need to work hard to get conservatives elected - across the board - in 2020.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2019, 05:34:33 pm »
Buttgay is superficially attractive.  Acknowledging that doesn't = support.  The sad truth is that a large percentage of voters don't go beyond the superficial.  We need to work hard to get conservatives elected - across the board - in 2020.

Dittos.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2019, 05:37:25 pm »

What arrogance to say that because you support Trump you are more important to the pro-life cause than those of us who have been involved in the movement for decades but haven't been swayed by a populist who recognizes that the popular winds are blowing against abortion.

I will NEVER regret my decision not to vote for a man who was pro-abortion his entire 70 years before he ran for President as a "Republican."

NEVER.

But your arrogance is duly noted.

@TomSea

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2019, 05:40:33 pm »
@TomSea
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak 

1. Answer: I spoke of the man, Pete B's background.  I do that, look at previous years and present actions for any candidate I want to know about, regardless of party. That is my own "opposition research".

2. You said, "You have done nothing but show yourself to be speaking for leftist causes. Not really the image one would generally wish to project in this forum and it may well make one irrelevant."

2. Answer:  You have a deficient in understanding written language if you think I support "leftist" causes.  Pete B. supports leftist causes to the max and wants to be president - that is the subject of the thread. 

If I am "irrelevant" on the forum, I am sure the other two I pinged to this post will tell me to leave and/or they will jerk my credentials out of the safe, pick up my coffee cup and my wine glass, and dump all of them in the trash.

@Victoria33  - you are only offensive to those who don't like to think.  They are the minority around here.  For those of us who can be intellectually honest, your comments will always be relevant.

But apparently discussing the subject of the thread honestly offends the thin-skinned who want only knee-jerk pablum.

Ignore them.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2019, 05:45:11 pm »
@TomSea
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak 

@Victoria33 , I'm a bit miffed that you failed to include me on your ping list... :rolling:

All kidding aside, @TomSea is reverting to the only tool in the Orange Brigade toolbox, that of personal attacks and intimidation. This is all we've seen from Trump's Brigadiers for upwards of 3 years. Their levels of cognitive thought and expression barely register with many on TBR.

It's a simple meme for them: Trump is the greatest President who ever lived, and if you don't genuflect before him, you're a traitor to the country.

OTOH, most of us "Never Trumpers" have recognized the positive things Trump has done, such as judicial appointments. It just seems like every time I step toward voting for Trump in 2020, he does something to make me take a step back, such as his equivocating on closing the border or taking other actions to improve border security.

I am thankful to the Founding Fathers for limiting the powers of the President. There were those that were thrilled with previous presidents governing through executive orders, and we railed against such action. Now, with Trump in office, there's a clamor for similar actions, thanks to the inaction of Congress.

How can one rationally deride Buttigeg's military service, while giving Presidents like Trump, Clinton, and former VP Cheney passes for their artful avoidance of military service?

I'm all over the map this morning, my apologies. In closing, Trump's supporters have failed to move the ball forward with me. There just isn't much there beyond their saying that Trump is a "fighter" (I prefer the use of "bully"), and the reason why he hasn't done more is it's Congress' fault. Hey YOU out there, that's how the Founding Fathers envisioned the federal government. Ronald Reagan recognized that, and worked with a Democrat majority in the House to move the ball forward. Despite the most notable failure, that of Simpson-Mazzioli, he lowered the taxes and got the economy rolling in a way that hasn't been seen since then.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 05:47:13 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2019, 06:03:17 pm »
@Victoria33 , I'm a bit miffed that you failed to include me on your ping list... :rolling:

All kidding aside, @TomSea is reverting to the only tool in the Orange Brigade toolbox, that of personal attacks and intimidation. This is all we've seen from Trump's Brigadiers for upwards of 3 years. Their levels of cognitive thought and expression barely register with many on TBR.

I'll stop right there.  You accuse others of personal attacks yet, you can't get one paragraph done without it.

Sorry, ISIS is defeated, Obama and Bush set 'em up pretty good, North Korea is at the negotiations table, blacks have historic low rates of unemployment, some pro-life measures have been made that have teeth to them.

Sorry this offends you.

I voted for Bush, I defended Bush. Something here with you all is what doesn't add up.