Author Topic: Poll: Roy Moore leads Republican field to challenge Doug Jones  (Read 2942 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Poll: Roy Moore leads Republican field to challenge Doug Jones
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2019, 04:49:18 pm »
Agreed.  This will be trotted out again, just before the General Election if Moore wins the Primary.
For the sole reason that it worked against him.

Of course, that came with a LOT of help from a Republican Party that was more than eager to stab him in the back without providing an alternative. The GOP threw that race. The conservative press, other than Breitbart (which had already defiled itself), did an absolutely horrendous job discrediting the false claims, and acted like they didn't even want to do so. They let these con-women like Corfman dictate what truth was, without scrutiny... and rest assured, if they try and force Moore upon the country again, the left will pull this off again.

It's too late to turn back time. Moore's reputation has been ruined; like I said, he will have to find another, lower office to win to restore his reputation before he tries again. We need a fresh face, someone capable of fighting back—and we need to protect him (or her) at all costs.

THIS IS NOT A SEAT WE CAN AFFORD TO THROW AWAY ON A GRUDGE.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2019, 05:08:26 pm »
I’m running because I know what it’s going to take to win this race. Alabama deserves a U.S. Senator who shares our conservative values-and you can bet I’ll FIGHT for them in Washington. Join #TeamTommy Today!

https://twitter.com/TTuberville/status/1115688622743801857

https://tommyforsenate.com/

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2019, 06:08:01 pm »
I swear reality is turning inside out.  TOS has a thread up about this, and on the first page there were only a couple of people who thought Moore should run. 

Odd I seem to remember TOS purging true conservatives... perhaps I am not remembering correctly /s

Who do you support for the position? Of those that have claimed to be running? Tommy Tuberville? He has no political voting record, has never ran for office He was the former Auburn coach.... Perhaps Bradley Roberts Byrne who has a GOPe voting record...

It is funny how most locally pushing against Moore have such low conservative ratings. But they are in great standing in the GOP party circles. Another RINO is Mayor Tommy Battle of Huntsville... probable the most liberal conservatives in the race...

Again, just who do you think is a great candidate (that has declared)

https://votesmart.org/interest-group/2412/rating/10219

https://yellowhammernews.com/whos-running-previewing-alabamas-2020-u-s-senate-election/
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 06:18:24 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2019, 06:17:24 pm »
Who do you support for the position? Of those that have claimed to be running? Tommy Tuberville? He has no political voting record, has never ran for office He was the former Auburn coach.... Perhaps Bradley Roberts Byrne who has a GOPe voting record...

It is funny how most locally pushing against Moore have such low conservative ratings. But they are in great standing in the GOP party circles.

https://votesmart.org/interest-group/2412/rating/10219

@Sighlass

I don’t live in Alabama, so “support” wouldn’t be the exact term I’d use.  I have no idea who else is running & don’t know anything about Tommy Tuberville.

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2019, 06:31:46 pm »
Remember this is the same guy who said that America was attacked on 9/11 was a punishment by God. Also, he was a birther nut too as well.

Yep, Moore talked about lots of things that day at church (The whole hour is up on YouTube) and did reference past Biblical events of turning from God to destruction of a nation (wall of the Pentagon being like walls of Israel town that were destroyed)....

"Because you have despised His word and trust in perverseness and oppression, and say thereon ... therefore this iniquity will be to you as a breach ready to fall, swell out in a high wall, whose breaking cometh suddenly at an instance,'" Moore said, quoting Isaiah 30:12-13. Then he added: "Sounds a little bit like the Pentagon, whose breaking came suddenly at an instance, doesn't it?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5jFhRwoijc

He also said any candidate for President should present their birth certificate to each state before being allowed to run for the office.

I found nothing wrong with both statements. You might..
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2019, 11:19:31 pm »
Yep, Moore talked about lots of things that day at church (The whole hour is up on YouTube) and did reference past Biblical events of turning from God to destruction of a nation (wall of the Pentagon being like walls of Israel town that were destroyed)....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5jFhRwoijc

He also said any candidate for President should present their birth certificate to each state before being allowed to run for the office.

I found nothing wrong with both statements. You might..

Nor do I.  But  I'm sure that many here will disagree.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2019, 11:14:04 am »
For the sole reason that it worked against him.

Of course, that came with a LOT of help from a Republican Party that was more than eager to stab him in the back without providing an alternative. The GOP threw that race. The conservative press, other than Breitbart (which had already defiled itself), did an absolutely horrendous job discrediting the false claims, and acted like they didn't even want to do so. They let these con-women like Corfman dictate what truth was, without scrutiny... and rest assured, if they try and force Moore upon the country again, the left will pull this off again.

It's too late to turn back time. Moore's reputation has been ruined; like I said, he will have to find another, lower office to win to restore his reputation before he tries again. We need a fresh face, someone capable of fighting back—and we need to protect him (or her) at all costs.

THIS IS NOT A SEAT WE CAN AFFORD TO THROW AWAY ON A GRUDGE.
Ha Ha HA

The GOP already did, once. If the people of Alabama decide they want Moore, then the Republican Party better get behind him and do a decent job of it, or they'll throw it away again.

Isn't that the sort of thing everyone said about Trump? Get on the train, yadda yadda yadda.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis